Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to maine/auburn area

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 684 Total Views

Hi ladies, my name is Barbara. I am 37 sahm of 6 kids. 18, 16, 14, 12, 8 , 2. My husband got a job in auburn in October2012. He finally convinced me to move from tx. So we will be moving up in April. Would love to meet some friends before I move up to plan play dates. I am in San Antonio so there is so much to do. With that note I love taking my 2yr old to story times, play areas, parks or host play dates at my house. I would love to hear from anyone in  the area. Don't mind driving to portland. Hope to make some new friends. 

Barb

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
14LVL
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Barbara:

Congratulations on your move to Maine .. I have lived in Maine my entire life, currently about an hour from you.  This is a great place to meet new friends.  I hope Maine is not too much of a culture shock ... have you ever left San Antonio?  The weather is probably going to be a shock . right now it's about 35 degrees during the day.  Crime is much, much less .. almost that you don't have to lock your doors.  However, you did  mention how much there is to do in San Antonio.  That experience will be much different here in Maine.  Not a lot to do, especially in the winter.  Summers are beautiful but not nearly long enough ...

barb608
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Thank you. Maybe one day we can meet for lunch. I am looking forward to this move. I lived in Texas most of my life. When my husband was in the marines we lived in NC a few years, but have not experienced cold. So I know I am going to freeze. But I am hoping for a new adventure.

Barb

14LVL
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM
There is cold and then there is Maine. What kind of job is he taking here? I will be sure to keep in touch w you . How do the kids feel?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barb608
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Ohh now  your scaring me.  We where wearing shorts today. Hit fiesta tx yesterday. My kids are excited. One they can see their dad everyday since he has worked out of state or country for years and just thrilled to see other places besides Texas 

Barb

blue_jay
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Hey hun, how are you? I live right by Auburn area, in New Gloucester! My name is Jaymee, i have a two year old son! If you would like to talk feel free to Msg me! :)

barb608
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Hi jayme. Nice to me you. My 2 yr loves playdates so have to find us some friends. What kind of things are around? Any nice parks, play places etc.

Barb

barb608
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Sorry I meant jaymee

blue_jay
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Yes!There are a few  really great parks right in auburn we take our son too all the time in the summer! Than the railroad museum we take a trip up there at least once a summer-  and we are heading to storyland this summer too! which is in NH. Than there is Gray Animal Farm only a short ride from you :)

It's the winters you have to work hard at finding somthing fun for the kiddos todo! Lol :)

barb608
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Thanks, will look it to these places. I guess for winter indoor play dates sound fine by me. I love hosting. 

Barb

barb608
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We found a house today so super excited. All I need to do is finish packing . My goal. One room a day. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)