Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Studies that support gender swaying...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1827 Total Views

www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/71062.aspx

What do you think about diet, supplements, hormones, ions & cervical mucus -to alter your bodies pH- and timing to help you sway? Timing: Shettles or O+12 (cut off or ovulation)? Did anyone try this method, and if so, did it work for you? 

~Brandi Scruggs; Mommy of Two Little Boys & DONA Birth Doula...

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommy2BJ
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM

BUMP!

2pittsburghboys
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM

BUMP!

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I am doing all 7 sway factors. I think we are also going to try O+12 this time, since it has been proven that Progesterone spikes 12 hours after ovulation, which favors girls & our last child was a Shettles' opposite. O+12 has had better success rates, along with abstaining from sex 7 days before. :)

harry209
by Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

This is so confusing because lots of documentation indiacted the closer to ovulation is for a boy. So on the opk when you get a positive you usually ovulate in 12 to 24 hrs. so would you add another 12 hours to this to be on target for the o+12?

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM

You have to chart your ovulation ahead of time, so you know EXACTLY when you ovulate. Once you KNOW the egg has released, THEN you add 12 hours & have sex. If you have sex before then it favors boys & after that you may miss it. It is a very tedious process, but as long as you are in tune with your body, you have a good chance! :)

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM

BTW, O+12= a hard cervix (it's soft once you ovulate) & CM will be creamy (instead of EW)... you have up until O+20 to do the "deed." The reason this works better than Shettles is because it's easier to keep your pH low for only one day & with Shettles you would risk your pH spiking while you're sleeping. You can lower it with a vinager/lime douche or lime tampon, if needed. You will want to keep it between 4 & 4.5.

LovingIT2008
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Keep your ph level that low?

Quoting ALiLBabyPHAT18:

BTW, O+12= a hard cervix (it's soft once you ovulate) & CM will be creamy (instead of EW)... you have up until O+20 to do the "deed." The reason this works better than Shettles is because it's easier to keep your pH low for only one day & with Shettles you would risk your pH spiking while you're sleeping. You can lower it with a vinager/lime douche or lime tampon, if needed. You will want to keep it between 4 & 4.5.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stav75
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi, timing (shettles) worked for me.  sex 3 days before I had my girl and right on ovulation had my 2 boys :)

Did nothing else....no diets,no suppls, no temp charting, only charted my periods for a few months before started trying,

www.babygirltolove.com

www.babyboytolove.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)