Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obsessing

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 731 Total Views
So dh and I haven't even officially started trying yet. We are waiting for my period that is due any day. I want a girl so bad after have raised a son now. I really want the best of both worlds!

I have spent so much time reading and on these forums that I have become almost obsessed with what I need to do in order to sway for a girl. Then, even if I try everything I could still end up with another boy. I would love either one believe me, a healthy baby is really the only thing that matters but I have such a strong desire for a girl that I know I'll be dissapointed if it's not a girl. Is this normal to feel this way? :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feralkitten
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM

i thought i would when i had my 2nd son but i was not . i guess it cause i just thought how happy my two boys would be together  then i know i prob try one last time i think i will be this time if i don't get a girl . as this is for me no more kids after this last one

harry209
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM
It is very normal after 4 girls you can imagine how badvi want a son and Ghent the ultrasound said baby girl number 5 I cried so much than after I few days I was over it.... I ot sad from time o time and wondered why no boy am I cursed, etc.. But once I came back to reality I know god knows best and we are trying one last time crazy huh that's how bad I want a son, it's me another even dh he seems to be content... I tried swaying last time, this time I'm using medical intervention
slittlefield920
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

What medical interventions are you using?

Quoting harry209:

It is very normal after 4 girls you can imagine how badvi want a son and Ghent the ultrasound said baby girl number 5 I cried so much than after I few days I was over it.... I ot sad from time o time and wondered why no boy am I cursed, etc.. But once I came back to reality I know god knows best and we are trying one last time crazy huh that's how bad I want a son, it's me another even dh he seems to be content... I tried swaying last time, this time I'm using medical intervention

harry209
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting slittlefield920:

I was rsearching and saw gender selection can be done with ivf but we can't afford that.... So I was in Orlando in October last year for a work conference met a father of an autistic son we just clicked because I am a director at a residential facility for disabled children, he offered to hire me I laughed and said you know I wad looking to relocate soon took his number the next day we talked again and by chance he's a fertility dr and he offered me a free consult I and dh met with him in Jan and he does gender selection via iui and sperm sorting he offered me a sweet price for testing, meds, etc. And in return I travel and work with his son for a great extra fee. I love his family they are the greatest and he's religious and we both feel god sent us to one another. So I will be trying my first attempt in July and I get to go to Orlando like twice a month , which i love and we are seriously considering moving next year and my oldest is applying at the university of central fl medical program

Back to the procedure he says results are very high like 85% or higher. I chose iui vs ivf due to multiples and I want intervention but not to much as I still believe god is in control. Good luck and I just you all my pink baby dust I no longer need it :)
katie_knight010
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM

yes this is completely normal i feel the same exsact way

estrada_m0mmy
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM
How old is your fifth little girl now?

Quoting harry209:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

8 months
estrada_m0mmy
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Oh ok. I though I was in a group with you while TTC her. I guess I'm just glad I'm not alone with the crying. We were supposed to go shopping after I had the US done but all I could do was cry. I wanted DH to have a son so bad. Didn't realize it till the moment I broke down. =0(

Quoting harry209:

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

8 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I know I want my dh to have a son but I think its me who wants it more,.I want a mamas boy, the experience of buying blue, playing boy sports, etc. I hope I'm in god's graces for a healthy baby boy this time around

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

Oh ok. I though I was in a group with you while TTC her. I guess I'm just glad I'm not alone with the crying. We were supposed to go shopping after I had the US done but all I could do was cry. I wanted DH to have a son so bad. Didn't realize it till the moment I broke down. =0(

Quoting harry209:

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

8 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmama0307
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

It's normal. I am the same way. I am driving myself crazy and obsessing of wanting a little girl. I am desperate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)