Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To find out gender or not

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 366 Total Views

My husband and I are about to start TTC for our 3rd and final child.  After 2 boys I really want a girl.

DH and I have also talked about waiting until the baby is born to find out the sex.  We found out with our first 2 that they were boys at the 20 week ultrasound. 

Some of the reasons that I want to wait until the birth are:

1. this is our last baby no matter what, so boy or girl we will have no more
  2. it seems exciting and different to wait
  3. it would be my last chance to have this sort of surprise
  4. maybe looking at the baby when I hear it is a boy will keep me from feeling disappointed (I've heard some people say that waiting until birth can actually prevent you from having gender disappointment)

Some of the reasons that I think I want to find out at 20 weeks are:

1. I had gender disappointment with my second boy for about a week after we found out (I'm worried I may have disappointment when the baby is born)
  2. I can buy cute girl/boy clothes (I'm OK with having gender neutral everything except the wardrobe, but I could always just buy clothes when the baby is born)

What do you think? Why?

What are the reasons to either find out or not?  Would it be a good idea since I really prefer to have a girl?

Thanks

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lindsey_25
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM

BUMP!

feralkitten
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

my 1st was a surprise not by choice he would not let me fine out lol . so i already done the suppose one 

I'm kinda same as you have two bio sons . but i also raise my step kids so i have another son and a daughter to . 

i really want a girl i love my daughter but she was 4 wheen i meet her and  had to deal with her birth mother contact stoped dec 2010 and went to email only then july last year went to nil contact so they no longer have any contact with there birth mum . i niver had a baby girl niver got to pick out teh outfit or anything and my daughter wants a sister so bad 

i worry i will be dispointed if i don't find out i worry i  will cry when they hand me my son so i Rather cry when I'm pregnant in privet and get existed for me new son. and buy cute boy stuff. dont get me wrong i hope i'm having a girl but i'm trying to get my self ready for a  boy so i'm not to upset 

i love all 4 of my kids to death and i know no this baby will be loved no mater what i have

feralkitten
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

this i also my last baby and my 3rd bio so i'm very like you 

my bios 

CarriedAway77
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My story is exactly like yours OP! And I face the same dilemma.... This will be my first month ttc, so I am not even pregnant yet, and I worry about it. I feel like I'm pumping myself up for a little girl and I'm very afraid of being disappointed. I would love the surprise of finding out the gender at birth, but like you, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed at a moment that is supposed to be so precious. Also, I suck at surprises. I go crazy just waiting the 20 weeks... but it would be nice if I could wait it out. I think it would be worth it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)