Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need an idea for my 4 year olds costume

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

Im making my daughter a butterlfy costume with a tutu of course. I have some little butterflys to add to it too. First, which would be better, the butterflys on the tutu or on the waiste band? Also im stumped as to a top. I know i could just do a regular solid colored shirt but what are some other ideas. I tried searching etsy and ebay but all the  tutu costumes dont come wtih tops. thanx ladies.

OO and while im at it any good ideas on what my 2 year old son should be to go along wtih a butterfly. ANd nope my husband wont let him be a flower lol

by on Oct. 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
megan27
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

How about a catipillar to go with the butterfly.

KidsHelper
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM

My dd is a butterfly, but very simple.  Black turtleneck, black leggings, and monarch wings and a headband with antennas.  That way, when we go out, she can wear her heavy black coat, and layers of pants or put on the black snowpants. (we usually get snow)  She can then just put her wings on outside her coat and everyone will still know what she is.  I wish we lived somewhere that the kids could be cute little fairies and things and look cute.

For your son, give him a butterfly net and let him chase her around all night!!

Sorry, I just had to say it!  Actually, it would be kinda cute and he could collect some of his trick-or-treat candy in the net.  Otherwise, maybe a spider, caterpillar, bumble bee?

Come join my new cafemom group

Positive Parenting and Happy Families

chrisnjoesmom
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I think for your son it would be cute and easy to be a bee.  I would think the top of the leotard would be black? As would the antennas I thought.

cudybug
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM

a bee would work but he was a bee last year :(. My mil had the idea of a butterfly catcher too but i dont have any kaki clothes for him. I ended up having a ahrd time finding a costume in his size left at the stores so i went to a resale store and all they had left was mickey mouse in his size so they dont match this year :(

oo well theres always next year.

hypermamaz
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM

dress up your son in a safari outfit with a butterfly net.

the shirt.....maybe a simple body suit in a complementary colour to the tutu.

I'd put the butterflies throughout the layers of the tutu.  and all over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)