Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me crafty ladies!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

I had a great idea!  It is COLD here on Halloween.  We usually get snow before then, which we have already had.  So our costumes need to be able to be worn over layers and coats.  So I was thinking that I could make a popsicle costume.  You know, like those popsicles with the two sticks sticking out the bottom that you can break in two.  I figured that their top layer would be a pair of khaki pants to be the sticks.  I can't figure out how to make the popsicle part. 

Any suggestions?  What can I make them out of that will hold its shape?

Come join my new cafemom group

Positive Parenting and Happy Families

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
justgrape723
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

cardboard. then use primer spray paint then what ever color you want your Popsicle to be. I used cardboard for my sons costume...check it out on my home page (the transformer)

When I made the mr potato head costume I cut out a hole in the hat (also see my CM homepage) and used black tulle  glued inside the hat to cover the cut out so he could see....from a distance you couldn't tell it was cut out. up close you could. but it worked

good luck

megan27
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Maybe some kind of foam.  I'm making my daughters costume out of the foam eggcrate stuff that you pad a mattress with.  It was cheaper than buying craft foam.  I got a twin size for like $11.00 and they wanted like 15.00 for a package of the craft foam.  I'm making a rocket ship costume of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN