Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some adult cowgirl ideas!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 596 Total Views

ok, So I made both of my DD's costumes. DH and were going to be cowgirl/cowboy for Halloween. I cannot find a cheap felt hat for myself anywhere. He already has everything for his costume. So I was thinking because I don't have a hat maybe I should be a country girl or farm girl? 

I need some homemade ideas of what I could add to my costume. I have a red plaid button up shirt, jeans, & cowgirl boots, what else? Thanks...

by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LadyLuck13
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I'd buy a straw hat and have braided pigtails. Maybe a bandana sticking out of your pocket, a touch of hay here or there, and call it a day. It sounds like you have all the essentials for that costume.

OR

You could dress up as a saloon girl and have DH be your cowboy.

Good luck and have a Happy Halloween!

stefaniejane
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Not all cowgirls wear a hat, lol, I live in Wyoming... I have noticed :).  Is your hair long?  Lots of wide curls and maybe  a piece or two pulled back.  Belt buckles are more common for cowgirls than hats... or just a t-shirt that says "Cowgirl Up" "Cowgirl 4 life"  or something.  Too bad you can't raid my closet :)

Native-American inspired jewlery... lots of chunky charms....

Ectopic

Photobucket

MommaTurbo
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM

LOL! I was just thinking "Come pick an outfit out at my house!" LOL!

It's expensive being a cowgirl. Or at least LOOKING like an authentic cowgirl. I have no idea where to get a cheap felt hat! Walmart has some pretty cheesey "cowgirl" belt buckles....heck, even the jeans are at least $50 bucks! lol!

Quoting stefaniejane:

Too bad you can't raid my closet :)

blondenak
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Perhaps instead of a hat go with a kercheif/bandana on your head.  Braids or curls hanging down the back.  Think a little "country girl" instead of cowgirl for some ideas.  I agree with the belt buckle.  Check out your local thrift stores.

good Luck!

t_creanskisa
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 2:23 AM

most cowgirls i know only where those hats when they go out .. most of them don't where hats or when they do its old beat up ballcaps

Jdenos
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 10:28 AM

ok, I get the idea that not ALL real cowgirl where a cowgirl hat or maybe not very often. It is a costume..If I don't wear a hat, I am just looking for additional ideas to make my costume appear that I am a cowgirl/country girl. Thanks for those that have given there ideas, I look forward to any more suggestions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)