Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun kids craft to help decorate for Halloween: Glue Ghosts

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1462 Total Views

3yrs-to whenever

My daughter and I just did this craft, will post pics once they're dry and hung up.

Glue Ghosts!!

Get some Elmer's glue- not stick.

and pour some on wax paper, use a spoon to spread it out, leave it kinda thick) in the shape you want your ghost to be.

When you have a good shape use buttons, construction paper, eyes, and other things to decorate your ghost.

Then let it dry over night, it may take longer than that depending on how thick the glue is.

Then peel off and hang around the house.

I'm thinking they will also stick to windows and other glass surfaces too- but we'll see for sure once they're dry.

Photobucket
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caleighsmom84
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM

sounds to cute. cant wait to see

Blinkies Half my heart is in Iraq

ReinsKitten
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Thanks for sharing!! I will be trying this with my 4 yr old son sometime during the week- we love doing crafts!! Can't wait to see how yours turned out :)

preview image  Lilypie - (weci) 

litninbug
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Today is rainy and a nice day to start Halloween crafts. I can't wait to see the Glue ghost project you did. Sounds like they are cute. Happy Crafting!!!

~litninbug~

sweetboys4me
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM
This is great! if it works well I think I'll make snowman during the cold winter months
ReinsKitten
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Quoting sweetboys4me:

This is great! if it works well I think I'll make snowman during the cold winter months

Good idea! I'm going to steal this idea too :)

Erin_Mom
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Me and my girls just made some.  The girls (2 and 4 years old) decorated theirs and i decorated one for me and one for my husband.

Will post pics when they are dry.

artC1s
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I am looking forward to seeing these!

trick or treat

LadyLuxy
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Oh how cute! Looks like I need to go buy some old school glue tomorrow cause all we have here is stick! lol 

Erin_Mom
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM

we just got done peeling our ghosts off the wax paper and hung them on the glass of our front door.

we didnt have any white elmers glue so we used the purple gel craft glue that we had so they are tinted purple.  to hang them i put a drop of the gel glue at the top and bottom and on the arms of our ghosts since they wouldnt stick otherwise.

heres a pic:

ReinsKitten
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Erin_Mom:

we just got done peeling our ghosts off the wax paper and hung them on the glass of our front door.

we didnt have any white elmers glue so we used the purple gel craft glue that we had so they are tinted purple.  to hang them i put a drop of the gel glue at the top and bottom and on the arms of our ghosts since they wouldnt stick otherwise.

heres a pic:

Adorable!!! And my son loves them too. We'll be making some tomorrow (as long as my cranky daughter cooperates long enough). My son is excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN