Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY PUMKINS...ARE DEAD..!!!

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
Posted by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 646 Total Views

OK ..SO I GOT 4 PUMKINS..I CARVED EM.. WAS HARD AND WAS DOING IT FOR 3 HR,S( PANE IN ASS ) LOL..

THAY LOOK SO CUTE.. WEEK LATER THAR ARE ALL DEAD..

KIDS ARE LIKE MOMMY WHAT HAPPEN??

I,M LIKE IDK...

U DONT WONT  TO SEE EM NOW..!!

WHAT CAN I DO..?? I WILL GET EM MORE..PROB JUST PANT THEM THIS TIME..

MOM TO AMAMNDA  8 YEARS OLD  KATIE,DAVIE 4 YEARS OLD  AND DOKOTA 1 YEAS OLD ( DOG) .I LIKE TO TAKE PICKS AND COOK.

FORGIVE MY SPELLING..I HAVE LD..BUT GOD LOVES ME..!!!

busy mom

by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Unfortunately pumpkins can shrivel up pretty quickly after they have been carved. We will probably wait till the 25th to do ours...

yvonne37
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM

aawwww.. so sorry... but yes.. you should have waited.. we are doing ours on the 29 or 30th :)

they looked nice! 

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
amommyslife03
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:28 AM

when you cut them  fill the bath tub with cold water n stick the pumpkins in the tub for the night n in the morning let then dry out  and you can put a candle in by night  (you can do this everynight   or do it once let them dry out enough n then put vasaline on the inside and the cut parts  both these will help save it    the tub thing is something my friend dose who lives n fl  n the vasaline i know alot of people who do this 

Erin_Mom
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:32 AM

i cover the entire pumpkin in vasaline.  We are getting our pumpkins this friday (my older dd has a field trip to a farm that sells pumpkins so i will let her pick one our for her and her younger sister)

sandra1023
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM

We also use vaseline and it seems to help.  Just a side note, your pumpkins look super thick, which might be why you had such a hard time carving them.  If you scoop out the inside until they are only about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick, they are much easier to carve.  Very cute though.  Sorry they died so soon.  :(

jspara
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM

sorry that your pumpkins are rotting so quick. My husband did our last week and used vaseoline too. It has been cold out so I think the cold air is keeping it from rotting.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM

You can try this...Mr. Potatohead kit!

momma_sunshine
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM

If you rub the inside of the pumpkin with bleach and then any of the cut edges it should last a lot longer than a few days. It might even make it all the way to Halloween.  We aren't doing ours until this weekend though just to be safe.

They looked cute.  You can tell you put a lot of work into them.  Good job.

tamcharsmom
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Normally we would carve our pumpkins but this year we did the potato head stuff.  It was a blast to do and now my MIL will be able to can us  some fresh homemade pumpkin pie mix, mmmmm.

funnymom32
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Our pumpkins die within 3-4 days of carving them.  If we do carve them, we do it right before Halloween.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)