Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recycled Rodent Sculptures Make You Squirm A Little, Then Smile

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

We often don't think about taxidermy as being a particularly "green" pursuit, but artist Jeanie M. is doing something that makes the most of every rodent that lost its life in vain (waiting to be offed by hungry snakes).

She has created an outstanding, somewhat creepy collection of sculptures that allow these cast aside, often reviled creatures to take their well-deserved place in the spotlight.

Enjoy the photo portfolio included -- it's a great kick-off to your dark Halloweeny-activities. Viva la greenie creativity!!

http://www.greenwala.com/community/blogs/all/2950-Recycled-Rodent-Sculptures-Make-You-Squirm-A-Little-Then-Smile

Does this gross everyone out or make you appreciate the infinite applications of recycling?

by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fostermommyof3
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I think it's so gross...no smile here LOL! 

bearpatriotic

God Bless America!

Jess.Jo.King
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I think it is pretty gross as well. on top wedding cake, that's outta control. She did say they are steril tho. I just couldn't bring myself to have something like that NOR eat a cat with them a top! BUT at the same time it is pretty cool that she "recycled" them and I am sure people will buy them!

prinsesK
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM

funny!  but i like rats and mice so i might be biased!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

christlmomof2
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM

My husband does taxidmery so I know ALL of what goes into doing something like this.  That took a lot of work and is definately not easy considering their size.  If she enjoys doing it I say go for it lol.

Christl - wife to Larry & momma to Braxton and Brooklyn

Woman In Rollers Frog Prince Kid With Toy Car   Kid With Doll   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)