Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I'm working on for the guys in my family

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 9944 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I took small paint cans +lids and covered them in fabric that fit their football prefrences.

Now I'm working on bad call bricks (sponge made to look like a brick), costers, and snacks to go inside. I just need to find a store that sell clear bags to put them in.

ArmyWife.png Army Wife image by amundt07         
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlkHawkMom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Those are way cute, I would love to know how you made those and how you are making the coasters and bad call bricks. Where did  you buy the paint cans are they empty can's. Money is so tight and I'm trying to come up with ideas so if you don't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a million and hope you have a great week-end 

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

So cute!

LylasMomma08
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I wanna know too....my whole in law familiy of men love the Dallas Cowboys!!

that would be a great idea!

sweetboys4me
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM
These are fantastic. What did you use to adhere the fabric? Please share more about the bricks as well. Thanks
MrsHubler
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Would love to know more as well! 

BlkHawkMom
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hey the small plastic bags you were talking about to put the treats in. you might try looking at this site  http://www.orientaltrading.com/ search for item number HT-3/796. I hae ordered lots of stuff from them and it takes less than a week to get the stuff and I have not been disappointed yet. They also have other bags that you can look at if you want more that a clear bag. Hope that helps.

ostera
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Lets see if I can remember all the questions long enough to answer them!

I bought the empty paint cans at home depot, it was the cheapest and best variety of sizes. And they came with the lids, but no handle. I attached the fabric with a thin layer of tacky glue. For the small cans that I used it was about 1/2 a fat quarter of fabric. This is the site I got the fabric from if anyone needs a source; http://www.4my3boyz.com/c=8V7ZjafrNrJjrVq7CzkCb3LGB/  Really inexpensive and fast shipping.

The coasters I made using two pieces of the same team fabric sewn together with a piece of towel inside for absorbancy.

The bad call brick is a sponge dyed brown and then you throw it in the dryer to soften the corners. I used 1/2 a sponge for each (yet again mine are small) and dyed them with black fabric dye (to lazy to drive to lots of stores to find brown). And then I'm attaching the following poem that I found on line:

Sorry the pic came out small it says:

Bad call Brick, When the referees call was made to quick, it's time to bring out the bad call brick!  Throw it at the set with aim so steady, Now don't you feel much better already?

Thanks for the tip about Oriental trading, unfortunately their shipping to here is often more then the price of the item itself.

ArmyWife.png Army Wife image by amundt07         
hall6pack
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM

GENIUS! 

Susan ~ Christian Wife to a wonderful Husband - SAHM to seven great children ages 19, 16, 11, 10, 3 & 10 month old twins. 

farrah
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I love love love this idea. I am sure they are going to be super happy when they recieve it!

sweetboys4me
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Thank you so much for sharing. Now I know what to do for dh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)