Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm just so proud of it! I got the idea over the summer when I was cleaning out the storage closet at the end of the hall. I came across a box labeled in my husband's shorthand "Do NOT Trash!". Inside were cammies that had been torn and tattered, but he couldn't bear to part with. Some of them are 'old school' that his granddaddy wore while he was in and some of them were digital deserts that Trever wore when he was in Fallujah. I cut them up and made a quilt out of the salvagable pieces. Here's the end result and I can't wait for him to get it!

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-15):
CrazyMom83
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I sent my hubby a camo quilt I made last year for Christmas when he was in Iraq.He said it was like being wrapped in my love lol.

Bizmom
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Very nice, and a very good keepsake for him, hope he loves it, my mom did the same except she would always buy material to make me and my daughter outfits, she would make robes,pants,shirts and dresses, and of course she kept the scraps and she used the scraps to make a quilt for her bed, well she has passed onto heaven as of last year in oct, and now my daughter has it, it is very special to us and she put alot of work into it, so I  hope he really enjoys it and will keep it forever.we look at the quilt and know what material peice was used for what outfit. really special.

Bizmom 

wave

Kivara
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Hey Polly,

What was his reaction?

~Heather

BlueCollarMama
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM

He had a mixed reaction. He was glad to make new memories with the quilt, but he felt like if we threw out all the pieces that had burn holes and blood stains that it would be disrespectful to the memories of the guys they lost. So he has those tucked in a hygiene gear bag in his foot locker.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

momof2asd9701
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:04 AM

So cool!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN