Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harnessing The Ambient Heat Of Your Car's Engine Compartment To Cook Up A Turkey Dinner!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 621 Total Views

"Green holiday meals" are somewhat of an oxymoron considering how far the ingredients have to travel to finally land on our plates, but this is one idea that is worth considering...if only for the amusement factor --

http://www.greenwala.com/community/groups/all/140-Eco-tastic-Holiday-Extravaganza/topics/1074

Would you try this?

by on Nov. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TXMompreneur
by on Nov. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

rolling on floor

This is HYSTERICAL!!!

BUT  I know it can ACTUALLY be done!!  I got a book ages ago written by Dian Thomas, who (at the time) was on a morning show on ABC called "The Home Show".  Her book was called "Roughing It Easy" and she had a chapter on cooking on your car engine while you're taking a road trip.  One of her funny anecdotes was about the number of times she was stopped on the side of the road--checking her lunch--and other drivers or law inforcement officers would stop to see if she needed help.  (Obviously, she had the hood of her car up, so it LOOKED like she needed help!  LOL)  The looks they gave her were, I'm sure, PRICELESS!!

SO, if you've got a bit of a drive to make, why not give it a shot?  (But I don't like their one warning in this article to not drink the wine!  LOL)

Dawn

Group Owner of 21st Century Mompreneurs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN