Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

paint your own step child

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 833 Total Views

for Christmas this year i thought it would be cute to have Step Son paint a Christmas ball for his dad at one of those paint your own pottery places.My boyfriend (dad) doesn't need any dishes or mugs, and i thought a Christmas ball would be something special since they really don't have that many ornaments. Just wondering what your thoughts were on this idea. or if anyone had a better idea. Last year step son and i made dad oven mitts. I got paint and painted step sons hands, he did one hand on each oven mitt. We (I) wrote his name, age and year on them and sewed them together. Dear boyfriend loves them. So any other suggestions on a cute thing to make for dad? I think the Christmas ball is pretty good, but I'm wondering if its enough. thanks.

by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Angltrls
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I love that idea and what a great tradition to start as a new family. I've never thought of doing that as an ornament, but I love it. I've seen the glass ornaments painted or decorated. I really like this idea and think I might look into myself with my grandaughters.

soccerjunki
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM

That is a super cure idea!..One year my friend took candid B&W pics of her step kids, and framed them in one of those (I know there is a name for it , but of course it is not coming to me) frames..that has like 6 smaller square spaces in it..it was so pretty..he liked it so much..that the nest year, she did one of the kids hands....that year, they had their baby to add, but the one hands was beautiful..very simple, very pretty.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)