Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

x-mas gifts for teachers

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 2093 Total Views

I'm wondering how many moms r gving gifts 2 teachers this x-mas?My daughters in pre-k & there's 2 teachers in her class.Were making something not sure what yet.It's 2 expensive 2 buy these days.

by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

How about buy some blue ornaments, have your daughters make 3 fingertips the shape of a snowman and write in white paint pen "Happy Holidays 2009"?

teralg
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I posted a ? very similar in here and I got tons of responses.  You may want to try searching for it, it should come up.  I hope this helps.

mom-2-4kids
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM

We're making flower pen bouquets this year. Its pretty yet functional.

MsWood729
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM

We're doing picture ornaments for my son's Teacher & Teacher Assistant.  If we have enough time & if my son wants to we'll also make one for his Director, she had much impact on my son & has been a lot of help =o)

chrisnjoesmom
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I am making cookies, I got nice cookie gift boxes at Michael's with a 40% off coupon, and I might add a hot chocolate set with it, not sure yet.... I might also make some banana breads for my hubby's co-workers.

auntietotty
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Im making aprons for my 2 nieces to give their teachers...and also making one for my granddaughter to give her teacher.

Morgain
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM

We are giving travel sized hand cream and purse sized purell ($.99 each) in a handmade felt gift bag. (I work in a school system and most teachers say that hand cream/lotion is one of the gifts they find most useful.) 

"Treat the Earth well, for it was not given to you by your Parents, It was loaned to you by your Children!"  ....I am an Arts & Crafty, Scrapbooking, Camping, Football lovin' Athletic Trainer (an allied healthcare professional) & Mom of 2! My Group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/SportsInjuryInfo 

momsoccer
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM

We are making oranments that I got from Dollar Tree and giving them candles and for  oldest son 's teacher we are making cookies b/c its male!!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Here's our go to gift for teaches and support staff.  We buy a plant (usually african violet, but this year a poinsettia) and make a little flag out of a bamboo skewer and cardstock.  On the flag I put a picture of my son and the saying, "Thanks for helping me grow.  Love, Max"

SgtWife0502
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I made these last yr for teacher appreciation week and the teacher LOVED it..she has them in her classroom.

For xmas my daughter is in Pre-K and has 3 teachers, I found these very cute spa sets at walmart for $3 so I got 3 of them and I am gonna bake some cookies and make some chocolates for them, I got the tins at dollar tree to put them in. For my son's teacher , she loves food so I'm making her a variety box, it will have cookies, chocolates and coconut balls in there.

Quoting mom-2-4kids:

We're making flower pen bouquets this year. Its pretty yet functional.

Proud Mommy of Jayla (3) and Andre' (10), 2 angel babies in heaven. Proud Army Wife to Daniel...

Check out my site here!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)