Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 598 Total Views

does anyone know how to make ornaments out of paper.need some ideas on how to make picture ornaments of my kids on paper

by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bizmom
by on Dec. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Not sure what it is you need, but if you use cardstock, cut into shapes, add kids pictures to them, and tie them together using ribbon or yarn, would be pretty ornaments, we cut out hearts,circles,triangles,ovals and even use gift tags, add a picture and decorate using glitter and stamping. and you have a cute gift. add the year and holiday it was made for. and your done. hope this helps.

Bizmom

wave

imadekyle
by on Dec. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Photo Ornament

When I was six, I gave my mom a little ornament. You know the kind – school picture, lace glued around the edges. It now holds a place of honor nestled in the branches of the “family tree” (the one upstairs with all the sentimental ornaments), and on a recent visit to Grandma’s house I had a very fun moment when my daughter recognized it as me!

Those sentimental ornaments have some real staying power, not to mention the way they connect generations. So I just had to share this beauty from the December-January issue of Simply Handmade (in fact, it made our cover). It’s simple, yet gorgeous, and the photo-factor makes it so very special. Instructions below.

1 Cut two pieces of canvas into 4 ¼” squares, cut batting into a slightly smaller square. Sandwich the batting between the canvas squares.

2 Print a photo on fabric, cut out, center it on the canvas, and stitch around the border with red thread.

3 Die cut “J” and “Y” from red felt and stitch them through all layers to the bottom corner of the picture, leaving some room in between for a flower.

4 Glue a green flower between the letters for an “o”, and place a jewel in the center.

5 Loop gingham ribbon at the top, pinning the ends in place about ¾” from each edge. Stitch around the canvas twice with red thread, catching the ribbon ends as you go.

6 Tie a bow at the top of the loop to finish.

Tammy Morrill
Editor, Simply Handmade

Christina.gif Christina picture by DazedBySiggies

MNMom247365
by on Dec. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Here is a website that has a lot of great ornament ideas. Hope you find what you are looking for!

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-ornaments/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)