Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Good Bread to Make**plz help me with ideas**

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

Okay so I make bread for my neighbors and some teachers with cookies fudge etc.

Last year I made banana bread and I just think banana bread is hard to get just right.  I make a beer bread but I really don't want to give the teachers Beer Bread............lol

So I begging you ladies to help with a easy not to many ingredients bread that I can make some mini loaves with!!  Most important it has to taste good........lol. THANKS so much for reading!!

by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM

These are my two favorites... i have made both for teacher gifts...

The first one freezes well and the recipe makes 2 loaves.

http://www.mrfood.com/recipe_detail.aspx?item_guid=fb157096-116b-4fa3-a6f4-7b991906ed97

I use my breadmaker for this one:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jos-Rosemary-Bread/Detail.aspx

I baked these in flowerpots I lined with foil and then stuck a silk flower in it. My kids decorated the pots with acrylic paints

fostermommyof3
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I love cranberry orange bread this time of year!

shesajar
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I think this is similar to, if not the same, as the Cranberry Orange Bread I make.

CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
Printed from COOKS.COM

3 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 c. orange juice
1/2 c. softened butter
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. chopped cranberries
1/2 c. nuts, chopped
Combine dry ingredients, add juice, butter, and eggs. Mix just until moistened. Stir in berries and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 inch bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.
momsoccer
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Thanks so much ladies.  I have never had cranberry orange bread.  The strawberry bread looks so yummy and easy.  Do you use the pecans??  I know with my banana bread I dont use the walnuts.   I didnt know if it was better with or without.  THANKS again

mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM

i never add nuts. Don't need it. My tips if you make it... beat the eggs first, and then add the oil to combine...I buy a 16oz bag of frozen  strawberries, let it thaw overnight int he fridge, then the next day mash it up, juice and all.   and then blend it into the egg mixture which I then pour onto the dry ingredients... it takes me no more than 5 minutes to whip us this batter. And at 350 degrees, I poke it with a toothpick at 55 min and usually it is done.

It is VERY tasty- you can't go wrong with the strawberry bread. It is THAT good.

If you ever do bundt cake... another great recipe is onthe Kraft foods site... look for Gram's Brown Sugar Cake

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/grams-best-brown-sugar-114122.aspx

Quoting momsoccer:

Thanks so much ladies.  I have never had cranberry orange bread.  The strawberry bread looks so yummy and easy.  Do you use the pecans??  I know with my banana bread I dont use the walnuts.   I didnt know if it was better with or without.  THANKS again

sewmama1990
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Instead of breads, and since it is the Christmas holiday. How about a Christmas tradition only in muffin form!!!

CARROT CAKE PUMPKIN MUFFINS

1 box Betty Crocker Moist Carrot Cake Mix

1--15oz. can Pumpkin (not pie filling)

1--tsp Ground Cinnamon

1/2--tsp Ground Nutmeg

1/4--Ground Cloves

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put cupcake papers into cupcake pan. In a large bowl mix pumpkin into cake mix, add spices and mix well. Dough will be thick. Add dough to each cupcake paper!! Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes!

momsoccer
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Okay great!!  Thanks for the tips!!  Nuts can get so expenisve so I glad to hear that you dont use them!!

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

i never add nuts. Don't need it. My tips if you make it... beat the eggs first, and then add the oil to combine...I buy a 16oz bag of frozen  strawberries, let it thaw overnight int he fridge, then the next day mash it up, juice and all.   and then blend it into the egg mixture which I then pour onto the dry ingredients... it takes me no more than 5 minutes to whip us this batter. And at 350 degrees, I poke it with a toothpick at 55 min and usually it is done.

It is VERY tasty- you can't go wrong with the strawberry bread. It is THAT good.

If you ever do bundt cake... another great recipe is onthe Kraft foods site... look for Gram's Brown Sugar Cake

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/grams-best-brown-sugar-114122.aspx

Quoting momsoccer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)