Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing ideas for a cook book

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 571 Total Views

So today we drew names at work and I was completely lost as to what to get the person that I drew. Anyway, my boss mentioned that Melissa wanted to learn to make different types of candy. So I decided to make her a candy cook book and then add some other stuff, such as a candy thermometer, measuring cup, measuring spoons...etc. The problem is....I need a cute idea for the book. How do I make a really cute cook book by hand?? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! TIA!!

by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nattabugsmommy
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM

A cute photo albums!  My best friend recently finished her teaching internship and her teacher had all of the kids in her class draw a picture and write a cute note to her.  The teacher then attached their pictures to their drawings and slid each childs paper into one sleeve of a scrapbook.  It turned out really cute and is something durable that will last forever. 

You could use this same idea to make a cook book.  Print or write the recipes onto computer paper or even scrapbooking paper and slide them into the sleeves in a scrapbook.  You can add little scrapbooking items that are candy or cooking themed.  And even better, the plastic sleeves will protect the papers from drips or spatters while cooking! :)

Have fun!  And share pictures!  :)

MNMom247365
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Use a photo album (one that would hold an index card or a little bigger) Then print of recipes for candy. If you have an Archivers in your area they have GREAT recipe cards and papers to decorate an awesome album! Or you could make one on www.shutterfly.com  You could write the recipes on one side and then upload photos of candy from www.photobucket.com It might be a little spendy but it will be very nice and personally made. Good Luck!

Bizmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM

How about using a brag book, and find some yummy candy recipe's in the magazines, mostly all the magazines are loaded with yummy candy recipes for the holidays, we did one and we used the family fun magazine for a few recipe's, rice krispies, chocolate candy drops etc. we cut the recipe's out, glued them to cardstock and patterns scrapbook paper,cut with decorative scissors and inserted into the brag book pockets, added our own little saying to the front and our recipient was thrilled, this way she could take it with her if she needed to, and it was small enough to put into her purse and go. she can change recipe's if she likes or add recipe's, the pockets hold a few sheets and she can have it all right at her fingertips when ready.  we also use these for on the go travel coloring books for my daughter. so we have quite a few.lol hope this helps.

Bizmom

wave

Strawbanana
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM

you can buy those half sized 3 ring binders at office depot  for around $5, then you can decorate the outside of it and print the recipes on half a sheet of cardstock hole punch it.  

I did something similar for a journal, the binder I got had a wrap so you can insert something into the sleeve.  I found some ideas about scrapbooking and put together a cover that slid right in

stefaniejane
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I have made MANY 6X6 scrapbook recipe pages.  I buy a cheap $5 6X6 album with page protectors, and print all my recipes on cardstock, then I make a fun layout for each page. 

you can find some pages I've made on my blog: stefstamps.blogspot.com

I also have seen people print them out on 4X6 pieces of paper and put them in one of those standing picture albums like this...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersFree Icons PhotobucketPhotobucket

soccerjunki
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I am w/ the pp..I used a photo album and index cards..you can even find those at the dollar tree..print 'em on the computer..or decorate them w/ stickers and make them pretty..

I love your idea..I did that for my sister a couple of years ago and she loved it..even though she still can't make candy.. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)