Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this a good idea??

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 609 Total Views

is this a good idea??

ok..i have 4yold twins . i was thanking that all the kids in class can picks out book from home( good ones) . mom and dad can wrap and teacher can hand out . u know book exchange.. i cant afford to buy for ever kids in class and i have twins so it,s 2 x the buying.

MOM TO AMAMNDA  8 YEARS OLD  KATIE,DAVIE 4 YEARS OLD  AND DOKOTA 1 YEAS OLD ( DOG) .I LIKE TO TAKE PICKS AND COOK.

FORGIVE MY SPELLING..I HAVE LD..BUT GOD LOVES ME..!!!

busy mom

by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
soccerjunki
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Are they in Preschool? If so..have you been asked to bring in a gift? if you have then other parents have too..and may have already bought bought their gift(s) for the exchange..

I would be OK with me..but I would check with the teacher first b/c the plans may have already been made.. 

If your idea can't be used, I would just go to the dollar section at Target..there are lots of cute things there...Or try not to send your children that day if possible..that way they wont participate..I know it sounds bad..Also..sometimes schools have programs for families in need at this time of year....you might check..

Sorry, that probably was not what you wanted to hear..but it's just my honest opinion..Hope it helps some..

KRIZZ25
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Quoting soccerjunki:

Are they in Preschool? If so..have you been asked to bring in a gift? if you have then other parents have too..and may have already bought bought their gift(s) for the exchange..

I would be OK with me..but I would check with the teacher first b/c the plans may have already been made.. 

If your idea can't be used, I would just go to the dollar section at Target..there are lots of cute things there...Or try not to send your children that day if possible..that way they wont participate..I know it sounds bad..Also..sometimes schools have programs for families in need at this time of year....you might check..

Sorry, that probably was not what you wanted to hear..but it's just my honest opinion..Hope it helps some..

i just thought this was a good idea..ty

MOM TO AMAMNDA  8 YEARS OLD  KATIE,DAVIE 4 YEARS OLD  AND DOKOTA 1 YEAS OLD ( DOG) .I LIKE TO TAKE PICKS AND COOK.

busy mom

Rik-E
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I think it is an awesome idea! Although might not work because of the reasons the first poster stated.

Do you have some books that are still like new? You could wrap and send them -- no one will know the difference!  I get brand new books for my kids , nieces, ect at thrift dstores all the time. Unless it looks used how can they tell? And why should they care?

mom-2-4kids
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM

WOW, you have to buy for evey student?? In my kid's school, they do a gift exchange. We just buy one gift (boys - a boy gift and girls - a girl gift) and then the teacher numbers them and the kids pick a number and thats what they get. Having to buy for every student is just insane and def would break my bank as well.

KRIZZ25
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Quoting mom-2-4kids:

WOW, you have to buy for evey student?? In my kid's school, they do a gift exchange. We just buy one gift (boys - a boy gift and girls - a girl gift) and then the teacher numbers them and the kids pick a number and thats what they get. Having to buy for every student is just insane and def would break my bank as well.

IDK BUT  I WILL SEND IN BOOKS.. I HAVE 2 SO STILL TWICE AS MUCH MONEY..

busy mom

soccerjunki
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Quoting KRIZZ25:

Quoting soccerjunki:

i just thought this was a good idea..ty

This really is a good idea! Next year I would speak up quicker! I am with everyone else..I can't believe you have to buy for every kid..I would talk to the teacher and make sure you didn't get misinformed by the kiddos..mine do that to me ALL the time LOL..I agree..If you can't afford it, then just do what you can, and FORGET IT!  Your heart and spirit are in the right place, and those that are offended, can get over it..I would love for my kids to bring home BOOKS instead of some silly toys...

momsoccer
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Depending on the teacher we do book exchanges at our school a boy book if you have a boy and a girl book if you have a girl.  It has to be between 3-5 dollars.  ITs a cute idea I know there are a few kids in my sons class that dont have a book!!

ms.tess
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I think this is an excellent idea. I really get tired of all the "crap gift" buying.  

Cobyla
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I also have twins...they are 14 now, when they were in kindergarten and Gr1 we had to do this. One year we made cookies as gifts for 60 kids.You can get boxes of ornaments for pretty cheap...we gave out those one year too. Another idea is a candy cane with a pretty bow.After all it the thought that counts...right

Jane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN