Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So proud of my last minute gift

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 1363 Total Views

Its a Dave Ramsey Christmas...  I was lamenting over what to get for my father-in-law for christmas, the budget was only $8... normal budget was only $5 but I was under budget on some others and was able to increase here.

Still it was hard.  So it hit me on the way out the door when I was checking the time... he likes tools.  A tool clock.   So I went to micheals with my 50% coupon and paid only $3.50 for battery operated clock mechanics that comes with the arms and everything.

Then I stopped at Harbor Freight and found the cheapest circular saw blade I could find right about $3.  Then I picked up a little pack of washers, I was lucky to find a small container with mulitple sizes.. including very large, like a half dollar.  

I went home and started assembly.  Fumbling through, ad-libing, and using washers to make hole smaller and a couple of smaller ones to fit inside the hole so it won't wiggle, (my husbands idea).  

And a sharpie to write in the numbers, they have number kits you can buy but I thought that a sharpie was just as good.  

I don't have a working camera anymore so that is when I had an ah-ha moment and went online to get a picture and found instructions...   just google "make a saw blade clock"

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/circular-sawblade-clock.html

thanks

by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
farrah
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM

That sounds awesome!! I am sure he will love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN