Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing a baby shower in April... PIC HEAVY *Update in Red*

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 579 Total Views

Just wanted to share what I've made so far and to ask your gal's opinions on two prospective invitations I've made up. The shower is in April for my friend who is having her 3rd child (but 1st boy).

Baby Washcloth Lollipops (on baby spoons)

Baby Sock Bouquet

The simple Shower option....

And this is the more complicated one. We're going with a baby zoo animal theme since the mama to be x3 loves taking her girls to the zoo all the time.

What do you ladies think?

Finally got a head count for the guest list....37!!! Man! I wish the sister would open her darn email and tell me which invite to get started on because if she goes with the 2nd one it will take forever to get 37 done!

by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SgtWife0502
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

i love the 2nd invitation..super cute 

COTwinMom
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM

the second invitation def gets my vote.  Just a thought--but maybe you can tie pieces of zebra or tiger patterned fabric around the bouquet vases and lollipop stems to fit them into your animal zoo theme, and serve animal shaped sugar cookies, too.  This way everything seems consistent and tied together.  You're def ahead of the game if the shower isn't until April!

Alieda
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I love the second , I was also wondering if it would work do to one in the middle maybe a simple one piece invitation but cut out in an animal form.

I also agree with the about poster about trieing things in together,

If you want a simple game you could pass out papers with the name of  animal bays and see how many can match with with the correct mom of course some or simple like kittens bur some do get more complicated.

Qivarys
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Quoting COTwinMom:

the second invitation def gets my vote.  Just a thought--but maybe you can tie pieces of zebra or tiger patterned fabric around the bouquet vases and lollipop stems to fit them into your animal zoo theme, and serve animal shaped sugar cookies, too.  This way everything seems consistent and tied together.  You're def ahead of the game if the shower isn't until April!

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that! LOL I did however, think of the animal cookies! I found these cute little mini cookie cutters at Michael's last week and just had to get them. Plus they will work for my son's 2nd birthday party which is this Sunday. For him I'm making a cake train and wanted to throw some animals on one of the traincars. And yes, I'm trying to keep ahead right now. I'm currently a SAHM and a full time student so I really don't have a lot of time to spend making these so the earlier I get started the quicker I can be done lol

Qivarys
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Alieda:

I love the second , I was also wondering if it would work do to one in the middle maybe a simple one piece invitation but cut out in an animal form.

I also agree with the about poster about trieing things in together,

If you want a simple game you could pass out papers with the name of  animal bays and see how many can match with with the correct mom of course some or simple like kittens bur some do get more complicated.

I like the game idea. Thanks! I think we tried to do that at what was called my shower...my baby shower(s) were disasters! :-P Ugh it's always hard when the people jointly throwing the shower start fighting...my MIL and her now SIL. Talk about cat fight and forgetting the entire reason for the gathering.

Queenmama23
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM

love the washclothes lolipop and the bouquet very cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN