Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ABC BLOCK Baby Shower

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 3008 Total Views

Had my sister's baby shower in October.  Since we didn't know the baby's gender, we did an ABC Block themed shower.  The invitation had green and brown A-B-C Blocks on it... the attached photo is the centerpiece I made for the gift table.  The blocks match the blocks on the invite.  It's made from 2 green styrofoam cubes (purchased at Michaels). The front of each block is covered with brown paper (purchased at Michaels) and then I painted the dots (on top block) and stripes (on bottom block) on the sides of each cube to match the invitation.  The letters are styrofoam letters (also purchased at Michaels) Then I stuck in the parasol and hung plastic rattles (pacifiers would have been cute too) from the spokes.

The centerpieces were inexpensive teddy bears I found online.  Each teddy bear had an ABC block (favor plastic cube purchased at party store) around its neck.  Then we attached a pink and blue balloon to each bear.

I specifically wanted to share the gift table centerpiece because you can really apply the idea to any theme.  People loved it--and my sister now has it in the baby's room.  (conveniently the baby's room was painted a light green!)

by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
soccerjunki
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM

That is SOOO cute!...i will have to remember that!

mamamiaohmy
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 2:29 AM

That's a really cute idea with those blocks- I would never have thought of using them like that.  I'm sure everyone thought it was great that saw the centerpiece.  :)

YORKSHIRE ETTIQUETTE RULE #1 : Never ask an Englishman where he is from. If he is from Yorkshire he will tell you. If he is not, it is unfair to embarass him.
jdrae13
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Great job!! This is a wonderful idea.  Thanks for sharing!  I just might try to make one of these for the next baby shower I go to!

Qivarys
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Very cute! Great job!

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM

what kind of favor's did you use..and games? I am always at a loss for games..they throwm me for a loop every time! LOL..I am always searcing for good party favors for adults and games for adults to play..

COTwinMom
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM

For the favors I found candles in candle holders that had ABC blocks on them online. The only type of "game" we did was we had a timer going while the mom-to-be was opening presents.  When the timer went off, whoever's present she was opening got a small prize.  The shower was a sit down lunch at a restaurant for 75 people so I didn't think it was too conducive to games--being in a restaurant put us under time constraints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)