Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter/Spring Craft Show

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 985 Total Views

I am doing a craft show in March and am looking for some fun ideas to add to my table.  Does anyone have any cute, easy ideas?

Thanks!
Jenni

by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
soccerjunki
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Seems to me that ATC's and tags are really big right now..and mini albums..or just albums in general..

For a couple of gifts last year I took the extra big tags an  turned them into recipe cards.and put them onto a ring..I decorated them..the girls that got them loved them..I laminated them also.

clear cards seem to be big as well..they make markers just for vellum now..! i saw them at Hobby lobby..or AC Moore the other day..

I would try to high light some new techniques as well...like inks..or marbling..or distressing..something..that is new.. I love Splitcoast Stampers for ideas and inspiration ..if you have never been to that site..check it out..you will LOVE it..

Also I think if you are allowed to..b/c some craft shows are funny about their rules..but if this one will let you..take some supplies and work on some things...

That is all that comes to mind for now..but I will come back if i can think of anything else LOl 

MandyP27
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I'm doing one too! I don't know what kind of crafts you are into.. I like to sew. This is what I'm making...

Aprons, carseat canopies, hooter hiders and sock monkeys... I'm thinking about making some little girls bows or something too. I think those are all easy and not very time consuming. (the aprons take a little more time because I make them reversable)

stampin_jenni
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM

The one thing I do not do is sew!  What I have decided to do is:

Diaper Gifts (sundaes, cupcakes, baskets, etc...), Boo Boo Bunnies, Washcloth Lollipops, Altered Gift Cans, Salt Shaker Easter Bunnies, Bunny "Poop", Carrot candy holders, and teacher & Mother's Day gift baskets.

keargo806
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM

felted soap bars!

google them they look fun and are neat! and i know i would buy one :)

westes7895
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Have you ever done a spring show before?  I've done several ( not recently) and have NEVER done very well.  Once I barely even made the booth fee back!  I wouldn't make anything that is seasonal (Easterish) as you won't be able to sell it at a fall show.  Good luck!

Artladydp
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Quoting westes7895:

Have you ever done a spring show before?  I've done several ( not recently) and have NEVER done very well.  Once I barely even made the booth fee back!  I wouldn't make anything that is seasonal (Easterish) as you won't be able to sell it at a fall show.  Good luck!

I have to agree.  I've quit doing spring shows.  It seemed like the only things selling were those dealing with gardening.  Sooooo...... you may want to do something along those lines.  I paint and my items didn't go along with gardening.  If the show fee is not very much, I'd do it anyway just for exposure.  Just try to not expect too much for this time of year considering the economy right now.  Don't let that discourage you.  These are just tough times we're going through.  Sometimes you have to see the whole picture and not take it personally.  Good luck.

Let us know how you do.

Debby

Artladydp
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Oops.  Sorry I forgot to put in an idea.

I make an easy craft called a "complaint button."  Buy a package of wooden mouse traps at Dollar Tree.  You usually get three or four in a package.  Paint a small piece of wood that is slightly larger than the mouse trap.  Take the hardware apart on the mouse trap.  Glue the parts back in place so they "look" like the trap is set.  Then glue a big button at the place where you would normally put the "bait".  The trap now looks set but does not work, of course, for safety reasons.  Glue the trap onto the painted piece of wood.  Now, below the trap write with a paint marker, "COMPLAINT BUTTON".  These sell really well.  Men, for some reason, really love them, too!  Go figure.

Sorry I don't have a picture. 

MLM247
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Big sellers here are earrings ready for Mothers Day or Easter, necklaces incorporating shells and seeds, screen printed tea towels with bold motifs of local flowers, bookmarks, and knitted evening shawls in fancy yarns. Lots of things are advertised as easy-to-post gifts for people far away. Those cute kits containing things like pins in case you come undone, and marbles in case you are losing yours, are also popular and sell well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)