Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some things I made for SIL's baby shower....

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 2972 Total Views

Diaper cake

Diaper wreath

Blanket, gift for baby

and I also made flower pen bouquets that were used as centerpieces/ to play some games with/ and then taken home as game prizes, somehow I didn't get any pics of those.

by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelm2005
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Very cute! Im sure she loved it!

branda32
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Awesome job! I really love the way you made your diaper cake. I haven't seen one like that before.

GreenLea
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 7:55 AM

So cute! 

Queenmama23
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM

those are pretty cute!!

kids1derful
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Those are adorable!  You did a wonderful job! I'm sure it meant alot to your sil.  thanks for sharing!

My2Pumpkins
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Wow! Everything looks great! I love that blanket!!

jdrae13
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Wow! Great job!  I think it all turned out beautiful but I especially love the diaper cake!  I also, have never seen one made that way!  I think its so elegantly done and looks beautiful! Is there a key to putting that one together, that you wouldn't mind sharing?  I'm not very crafty but I might give that one a try for a shower gift. 

Thanks for sharing!

Alieda
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 10:28 AM

You done a wonderful job on it all, I bet your sister feel so special that you would take so much of your time for her and her shower.

mom-2-4kids
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Thank you ladies!! I had so much fun making them. The cake was super easy. I used 84 diapers total, 54 on bottom, 24 in the middle and 6 on top. There were 18 in each row for the bottom layer, 12 in each row for the middle and then the 6 on top. Basically, I just folded the diapers in half then I would start with the open end down and then next would be open end to the side and I just kept alternating until I finished with the row. Then I just wrapped the rows with ribbon individually and then placed them to side by side and wrapped the whole layer together with ribbon. That was it, no special trick to it.

Qivarys
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I really like the cake! It looks like it would be much easier to transport than the round cake. I had made a round one for a friend and when she tried to put it in her truck it toppled over :-( I may have to use this idea for her sister's shower :-) Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)