Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

front yard b-day party - tacky?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 2533 Total Views

im having a garden tea party for my daughters birthday in april , so my question is having it in the front tacky? my backyard is a disaster area from my husband cutting down trees and we have a dog that stays outside so there's no way we could have it in the back. your opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks

by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wells75904
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I dont think its tacky BUT I probably wouldnt take my kids, just because I dont like the idea of them being close to the road, birthday parties are crazy and I would be afraid a kid would slip away and run out in front of a car

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

auroragold
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

"tacky" - probably not.....  BUT

-how far is your home set back from the road? Is there a big front lawn?

-do you have a covered porch or large trees to provide shade?

-do you have a picture you could share? 

Alieda
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I do not think having it in the front yard is tacky but I think you have some very important question to answer about it.  Mostly about safely. I would invites a couple of other ladies to help me get a eye on the kids,

LindyLou
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I have had many o parties for my kiddles in our front yard.  It is way prettier than my back yard.  My kids are 3 and 5.  When they were 1,2 & 3 we had to be very careful of kids getting onto the streets.  But with all the parents there it was never an issue.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Why not?  I think you could probably do something fun and interesting there.

Do you live on a busy street?  That would be my only oncern.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Actually I do think it's kinda on the tacky side, especially if you have close neighbors.  Is there not a local park you could use instead?  Or do you know someone with or rent a tent to use in your yard?   

ejedwards00
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM

haha..guess im tacky then..i had dd's 2nd birthday in the front yard..we set up a canopy thing in the driveway with the food under it and had a picnic table for the little ones and her water and sand table(which was one of her gifts) set up and ready for the kids to play 

barbt
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I dont think it is tacky at all i have had partys for my girls in the frount yard, one included ponies so if you are going to have a tea party enjoy and show the girls a good time.

sxycarolinagirl
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM

thanks for the opinions. i live in a subdivision and have a decent size yard and my dd will be turning 10 and its only going to be a 4 maybe 5 of her friends. thought about doing it at the park but you have to pay for a party there. just have to see how much of the back yard i can get cleaned up ..lol

SgtWife0502
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM

i gotta be honest..i think its tacky too..not a good look at all. Since its only 4-5 kids coming why dont you have it inside your home? If you planned on cleaning the backyard up anyways then i would pay to get it cleaned up..if you hire some teens looking for extra cash it shouldnt cost that much. I know the teens in my area love doing yard work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)