Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Bridal Shower Ideas!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 673 Total Views

I'm throwing a shower for my future sister-in-law and I'm looking for some ideas.  The one idea I have right now is doing a "Perfect Pear" themed shower in yellows and greens with pear stuff everywhere.  Does anyone have any other "different" ideas, or ideas to go with the pear theme?

Jenni

by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
soccerjunki
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I think the "Perfect Pear " is adorable..and I might just have to case this idea from you! LOl..I think it could be a very nice spring party. I would use finger foods..a nice cheese and pear plate....

find plates with pears on them..and just uses plain napkins in a light green and soft yellow..

some pretty glass bowls with marbles and beautiful big yellow and green pears and some nice juicy berries for color contrast.. will make nice centerpieces.

Invitations could be made very simply with just a few stamps..and inks..let me know if you need help locating any supplies for that..that is what I do..besides my art commissions, I do, custom invitations, stationery, and note cards..so I can help you out with some ideas for those..

I think it is a really cute Idea. you can even play a couple game..like ask ?? about the couple like how they met..etc..to win maybe  a center piece or something..instead of making flower pens...you can make pear pens..or just fruity pens..LOL..

I will keep brain storming..let me know if ya change your mind though..also ..grapes here and there..really dark , dark, purple ones, would make a beautiful accent to the light color combo of the pale yellow and lgt green

babybuds
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 7:58 AM
Hi Jenni, Thank it's a really cute theme. For a centerpiece I make Towel Wedding Cakes. I could make the cake green & yellow or white with 2 pears on top or whatever you want. I like the idea of the fruit. if I come up with an other ideas I'll let you know. ~Baby Buds~ Julie celebratemoments.webs.com
Daniska928
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM

For my bridal shower, everyone that attended gave me one of their favorite recipes. You can try having ppl give the bride either pear recipes or just fruit in general. Then get a prettty box to hold them all in. Actually mine is yellow with pears on it.LOL I think they bought it at Micheals.

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM

You know..I forgot the recipe idea that the pp mentioned..I had that done for my house warming shower many years ago..LOL..It was so nice..and it is a really great idea..ans it would work great for a bridal shower as well. You could pass out fruit themes cards..or ones with pears..on them..with the invitations..and ask the guests to bring them when they come..that would be simple..and then really easy to slip in a recipe box right at the party..

Thanks to the PP.I had forgotten about that little idea..and we have a couple of weddings coming up in our church this summer..you have given me a great idea..!! 

stampin_jenni
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Quoting soccerjunki:

I think the "Perfect Pear " is adorable..and I might just have to case this idea from you! LOl..I think it could be a very nice spring party. I would use finger foods..a nice cheese and pear plate....

find plates with pears on them..and just uses plain napkins in a light green and soft yellow..

some pretty glass bowls with marbles and beautiful big yellow and green pears and some nice juicy berries for color contrast.. will make nice centerpieces.

Invitations could be made very simply with just a few stamps..and inks..let me know if you need help locating any supplies for that..that is what I do..besides my art commissions, I do, custom invitations, stationery, and note cards..so I can help you out with some ideas for those..

I think it is a really cute Idea. you can even play a couple game..like ask ?? about the couple like how they met..etc..to win maybe  a center piece or something..instead of making flower pens...you can make pear pens..or just fruity pens..LOL..

I will keep brain storming..let me know if ya change your mind though..also ..grapes here and there..really dark , dark, purple ones, would make a beautiful accent to the light color combo of the pale yellow and lgt green

I am going to make the invitations so if you know of somewhere to find a pear stamp that would be AWESOME!  I tried looking online, but am having a hard time finding one that I like.  Thanks =)

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Quoting stampin_jenni:

Quoting soccerjunki:

I am going to make the invitations so if you know of somewhere to find a pear stamp that would be AWESOME!  I tried looking online, but am having a hard time finding one that I like.  Thanks =)

No problem..I saw something the other day , and thought of you..I wrote it down...I will dig it out, and get back to ya!

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM

OK..I finally found it ! LOL..It is in March Edition of Card Creations Magazine on Pg 152.

(my scanner and printer are in storage right now or I would do that..I can try taking a pic and putting in on here for you if you can't find it..) but what it is is two pears a big one and little one and the sentiment says "Perfect pear"..I thought If it were me I would put.."pair" instead of "pear" LOL..This card is pretty but not in colors that I think you would like. 

The stamps themselves are from Papertrey Ink ( the pears, stems, leaves, all from the Fruitful set)..I have ordered from this company before and they are great if you haven't used them...You also might try Michael's and Hobby Lobby first though..this is getting towards spring time so the "seasonal stamps will be coming out, and you might find one there w/o having to order.Or even Martha Stewart at walmart..

I also thought you you could "color? the pears with some pretty light green and yellow glitters / crystals/or beads..to make them sparkly..or Stickles..I LOVE stickles LOL..

So far that is what I have come up with..I will keep thinking..and keep looking... 

momof3ladies
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM

You can find a pretty pear stamp at Michael's or Hobby Lobby if you have one nearby.

stampin_jenni
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for the ideas!  I bought the stamp set from PapertreyInk.  LOVE IT!  Going to be making the invitations this weekend.  I will post a pic when we are done.  Thanks again for your help!

Jenni

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)