Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ultimate In Romance: Ideas Just For The Two Of You!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 427 Total Views

I just found 2 great website that certainly got the creative romantic thoughts going!!! The website is a company selling romantic kits and getaways, which would be great if you had the money to spend, but for those of us with more creativity than cash, most of these ideas could easily be duplicated on your own for a fraction of the cost. And let me just say... ooh-la-la!!! Send the kids to Grandma's for the night cause this is just for the two of you! A great way to relight that fire!!!

falling in love

Now... if anyone has any brilliant ideas, since Valentines Day falls on a Sunday this year, how to get hubby out of the house for a while so I can pull this off???

I've listed the websites I found the ideas on but also compiled a list of my favorite ideas...

http://www.romanticroomdesigns.com/room1.php

http://www.creativeromanticgifts.com/

The Romantic Bedroom

• A trail of red, silk rose petals to lead you from the front door to the bedroom area.
  • Four to six red and white balloons placed on top of the pillows along with a large, mylar heart balloon.
  • Over 150 red, silk rose petals scattered on top of the comforter along with elegant, red fabric tulle, red streamers or ribbon and long strands of pearl beads, and chocolate kisses - partly for decoration, partly to satisfy a craving for chocolate!
  • At the foot of the bed will be a feather boa - also for decoration and for fun as the evening progresses. 
  • A box of hand made chocolates or chocolate dipped strawberries placed on the nightstand and surrounded by candles in frosted votive holders to provide just the right mood. 
  • Two champagne glasses and a bottle of wine, champagne or sparkling cider chilling in an ice bucket
  • Red Heart confetti is included to sprinkle around the base of the candles or on top of the bed or around any gift items you might select. 
  • A romantic massage set with massage oils or lotions and/or other romantic enhancements
  • A Romantic game or book for couples only
  • Set the mood with ambient lighting, drawing the drapes, and setting the music.  
  • Include a decorated box for storing your items for your next romantic evening. 

Romantic Dining Table Design

Decorate your dinner table at home to surprise your sweetie! What a great surprise when they walk in to at a beautifully decorated table. Make sure to dress up the table with your nicest linens and finest dinnerware.
Items to decorate your table:

• Silk rose petals
  • Conversation Candy Hearts 
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Long strands of white pearl beads to scatter along the tabletop to make your table stand out amongst all others. 
  • Red metallic streamers and/or ribbon  
  • Candles in frosted votives to illuminate your table and add ambient lighting  
  • Red Heart Confetti 
  • Long stem roses in a vase and/or laid across the plates (real or silk)
  • A gold or silver frame with your favorite picture of the two of you (don't forget to bring your camera to capture photos of this all important event). 
  • Two champagne glasses and a bottle of wine, champagne or sparkling cider chilling in an ice bucket

by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
soccerjunki
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Thanks so much for these!! I just had a hysterectomy last week..so not much romance going on this year here..lol..BUT I will certainly file these away for next year though! Thanks !

dasluv
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I love the table settings.

shelleathome
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Love it!! I can see expanding this to include fun things for the kids as well...obviously not for romance, but to show you love them! To get rid of hubby while you decorate - send him on a scavenger hunt! I did this one year with my hubby for Father's Day. I set up everything ahead of time - I had a car wash, lunch, hair cut & shave...you could do whatever! I went to each place the day before, paid for everything, and told them to look for a man wearing a 'Father of the year' pin (which I made) and then I gave him a note that sent him to the first place...they gave him the next note etc. Yes....effort, but it was really fun and appreciated! You could do silly and cheap - send him first to the mini-mart for a snickers with a tag that says, 'I hope you'll snicker with delight when your day is through, and you'll know deep inside just how much I love you!'...then send him to the grocery store for popcorn - 'My heart goes pop, pop, pop every time I think of you - you're the tops!' etc...Maybe a card store for a balloon and a note that says, 'You make my heart sail' etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN