Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines Crafts for my Daycare Kids. HELP.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1054 Total Views

I want to do something cute with my kiddos for their parents at the Daycare I work at. Only problem is I have the infants. I have nooo idea what to do with them.
I have two 5 month old girls, one 8 month old girl, one 7 month old boy, and one 18 month old boy. (he has a few disabilitys so hes in there with us.) I love my kiddos, but i have no idea what to do.

! pictures are welcomed too! ;)grreatany help would be

by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsPilat
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:54 AM

In the baby room at the daycare I worked at all the babes were under 18 months...we had a cute Valentine's day poem (on white paper) then glued it on red construction paper. Then we took their handprints in red/pink paint. Just make sure to tell the parents you did that during the day bc sometimes the redpaint was in the middle of their fingers. (if they are very young...6weeks, try their feet...probably easier.)

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 2:10 AM

I was going to suggest something like pp..or maybe a small treat bag of candy..my kiddos are all school ages..except the last one at home WHOO WHOO she starts this fall!!..sorry had a moment there..lol...but I love the idea of a little poem with either the hand or little foot print..those are always so cute..and al mommies are suckers for them!! 

aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 6, 2010 at 10:47 AM

handprints! what she said!

mrsashleys
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

you could make a bookmark for them, with a poem, their pic and even a footprint, i am making for dh from my kids, i have a 3 month old and 3 year old...

Boobah
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I found this cute craft, but can't remember where.

I traced her hands (or you could dip in paint and stamp them on paper) then cut them out.  Measured her length wrist to wrist (her hug length).  Then cut a string to that length (I used ribbon).  Attached the ribbon to both hands, then give it to daddy.  

It says on the palms:

A Valentine Hug to You Wrap these hands around you whenever I'm away so you can have a hug from me anytime of day!

Linkat2000
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I just did this craft with my boys last weekend and it worked out well.  You could easily recreate it with your own materials (and probably at a better quality).  Pretty much, all it is, is their handprints on a foam background with a foam frame.  My boys are 22 months old but you could definitely get the handprints of kids even smaller. 

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=48/5619&prodCatId=388760&mode=Browsing&erec=4&Ipp=16&No=144&Ne=90000&sp=true&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&categoryFromSearch=true&N=388760%201229&tabId=5&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&rd=VALENTINES%20DAY%20CRAFTS&sd=Handprint+In+Heart+Keepsake+Hanger+Craft+Kit

OldnWiseMom
by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM

These are all great ideas!  Love this group! 

Click on the Angel to go to Sophie's Sweeties:

hypermamaz
by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM

foot prints stamped on the page with the heels together to make them in the shape of a heart.

Juliasmommie225
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM

i know its to late but have you tried to ever do baby food painting?? i did this with my daughter up until about 2 months ago!! i just got different baby food <that way if they eat it its ok>  and just a white peices of paper and i take it to the table and she goes to town!! lol!! and i write in different markers just different stuff like happy vaentines day happy mothers day!! and so on!!! good luck!!

MNMom247365
by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Make a hand print using red paint then cut them out. Fold in the middle and ring finger so the hand is making the sign for I love you. Then have the kids finger paint a heart place the hand on the heart and simply write I love you, happy valentine's day 2010. Here is what it would look like.

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/valentines-day/kids-crafts/sign-language-i-love-you.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN