Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cute Valentine's Day Teacher Gift

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1749 Total Views

Made 8 of these for my girls teachers.I saw them at the store for 24.99 made them for about 10 they can be made cheaper if you buy vases at dollar Store.This vase is filled with minature size candy bars.I used  skewers and hot glues the candy bar to them.I used styro foam for the bottom of vase and wrapped in tissue.Insert the sticks arranged the way you like then fill vase with candy.After that you can just get tissue an dfill in the spaces between candies.Make a bow and hot glue it and you are done....

by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
soccerjunki
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM

That is cute! I did something similar Last year with mason jars,  I etched a design / or theme per each teacher..(for my elementary kiddos that is..my teen would die before taking candy to a teacher ya know LOL..except at church..it is ok to take stuff to your Sunday School Teacher?? LOL>.) Any way I etched  around the middle of the jar..one teacher got lady bugs crawling up her jar,and around the "top" with a few daisy's and  the other loved frogs, so she got some leap frogs. going sticking out their tongues..LOL.....LOL..and I just filled it full of candy and gum,,and stickers,,and what ever i could cram..Oh and a small purse size bottle of lotion from B&B Works..LOL..!! What teacher wouldn't love a little candy and some smell good stuff?? I know I always do!!

OH..duh..PLEASE over look me..bearly 2 weeks post op here..lol...that is a very goo job on those by the way!! nice gift!!

copper
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Very cute idea! By the way where can you find etching solution? I've looked at wal-mart and Joann's and they don't have it. 

westes7895
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Cute idea!

Artladydp
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Quoting copper:

Very cute idea! By the way where can you find etching solution? I've looked at wal-mart and Joann's and they don't have it. 

If you have a Michael's or Hobby Lobby near you, they carry it.  I always wait for the 40% coupon and buy the largest jar they have.  Keep it tightly sealed and it keeps forever.

Debby

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Like my buddy Artlady up there said..usuallly you can find it at most craft stores..or check out  dickblick's web site..the have it...It is really easy to use..I have done designs on the windows in front doors before,..and even put initials on cheap baking dishes to make a beautiful monogrammed wedding or gift for any occasion..

OldnWiseMom
by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM

That is too cute!  Teachers deserve so much!

Thanks for the great idea! 

Click on the Angel to go to Sophie's Sweeties:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)