Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double Duty Bags

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 627 Total Views

Here are a couple diaper bags I made yesterday for a couple friends having babies soon.  I didn't make them too "babyish" so that they could use them for a regular tote later on if they want.  One of the women is having a boy so I made hers in blue fabrics, and the other is having a girl and doing kind of a "vintage" theme so I made hers in burgandy.. (she used that color in a quilt she made for her baby).  The bags are reversible.  In the blue one, you can see the plaid section across the middle... that has 3 pockets on each side... the pockets can be inside the bag, or outside depending on how they choose to use it. (I am posting the pics of this one both ways.)  They were fast and easy.  There was also a pattern for a changing pad in with the pattern.

by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
catjo
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Very nice!  Did you use a pattern?  Great idea in making them usable after the baby is bigger and no longer need as a baby bag.

Cathy

MissRobn
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I used a pattern by Sew Baby.  I bought it at Joann Fabrics, but found it on the Sew Baby website....

http://www.sewbaby.com/shopbaby/product_info.php?products_id=4042

barbt
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM

very nice work I am sure they will treasure them

mochacreme
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Aw! So cute! Now I want to make one!

soccerjunki
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I LOVE these!!! You did a great job. I like that they are useable beyond the "diaperbag" stage too. Very creative idea!

branda32
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Oh how I wish you were my friend and I were having a baby....the paisley one really wants to come and live at my house...  ;P  

Alieda
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM

So Cute

MissRobn
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Thank you.  I really did enjoy making them.  And at only a couple hours for each one, it wasn't a lot of work.  I forgot how much I enjoy sewing until I did these. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN