Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Check out this Photo Rag Quilt!!!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 1699 Total Views

Just click on the picture to see instructions!!!

by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamalia
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

where is the link?

onceagain4u2
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Just click on the photo, it takes you to her blog.  Directions can be found from there.  Cool idea. Might have to do something for my mom for a retirement gift.

Quoting mamamalia:

where is the link?

TXMompreneur
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

This is AWESOME!!  I may have to have family dig up a bunch of old pics so I can do these for all those "hard to buy for" relatives!

BRILLIANT!

Dawn

Group Owner of 21st Century Mompreneurs 

dasluv
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I love this! I never knew that rag quilts were so easy. I might have to try one of these. 

sportsgrandma
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Thanks got all the information I think.  I was looking for the printable fabric but I hope to find it with the information you put out.

KristinaO129
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM

OMG!!! How totally cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I have so been wanting to make a photo quilt for a long time but I am not a quilter but this is something I could totally do! Now just to find the printable fabric mentioned in the tutorial. Oh - I have my next project to work on! Big hugs to you for sharing!!!

hugs

KristinaO129
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Just FYI... I just found that the "Printed Treasures Printable Fabric" used in the tutorial is available through Amazon & Ebay, although it is fairly expensive & I'm debating which way to go since the photo's would be fairly small if you try printing 2 per sheet & leave room for seam allowance. (You could get roughly a 4 inch x 4 inch photo + seam that gets cut all around.) 1 per page would just be too expensive. I'm considering using the iron on transfer instead since it's a little more cost effective. Anyone with experience what brands work the best???

kids1derful
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I made one of these for my daughters sweet 16.  I used old jeans in mine. She loved it! 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I LOVE that! And am on my way to ebay for supplies!

Daniska928
by on Mar. 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM

? Is it easier to hand stitch or machine stitch? Cause im not that good with a sewing machine and I always wanted to try to make a quilt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)