Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with Alice Baby shower!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

A friend I grew up with is having her first baby! Yay! She's the last one in my circle of friends to start a family.  She's loved and collected Alice in Wonderland since we were kids. So I'm really excited about an Alice baby shower. I've gotten lots of ideas for decorations and I have some left over from a kiddie birthday party we had. And I think with the new movie coming out there will be lots of little things I can find.  But I want it to be grown up and more garden tea partyish.  I can find lots of ideas for set up and food but I'm stuck on games. Any one have any ideas for baby games with a Wonderland twist??  I've googled but I come up with just basic baby shower games or games that are more birthday party related.  And any other ideas would be greatly appreciated too.  Thank you!!

by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lanceandhailey
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Since the white rabbit was always talking about being late and looking at a clock, you can bring that concept into the party by setting a timer to go off every 5 or 10 minutes. Have a basket filled folded papers that have silly things for them to do, sentimental things or even a
truth or dare.

lanceandhailey
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Play the I never game- Have everyone sit in a circle. Have one less chair than the amount of people. One person starts in the middle and says something that they have never done before. If anyone in the circle has also not done that thing before, they have to get up and change seats. The person who does not have a seat is the next person to stand in the middle.

lanceandhailey
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Find Alice (Group Activity)

You will be needing a lot of baby dolls for this activity.

After drinking the secret concoction, instead of just shrinking to a small size, Alice actually shrunk to become a baby! And not just one baby at that, she actually became many baby Alices in the process, and they (the multiple Alices) are quite ashame of their new size and are now hiding around the room.

The goal of each group is to find as many Alices as possible, since they need to drink another formula to get back to their normal size, and they have to drink it soon! The group with most Alices at hand, within a certain time limit, wins the game.

lanceandhailey
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Wanted: Tea Expert (Individual or Group Activity)

You will need to brew different kinds of tea for this activity.

The goal of this game is for your visitors to guess what type of tea were they given. Here’s the twist. Instead of drinking their tea from a cup like what any normal person will do, they need to guess what tea it is based on a drop or so from a baby’s medicine dropper. This could be played individually or by group. The group or individuals with most correct guesses, and with the shortest guess time average, wins the game!

Tip: To make the tea tasting more challenging, you could "serve" the same tea more than once. That should eliminate all lucky guessers, and isolate the real tea connoisseur.

lanceandhailey
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Hunt the Queen! (Group Activity)

You will be needing a lot of card decks for this one. The number will depend on the number of groups you will have.

The goal of each group is to find all the queen of hearts from a mountain of cards. Written at the back of each queen of hearts (written with a glow in the dark pen) is a letter that when combined with the other queen of hearts, will spell a particular baby item. If the room is not dark enough, there should be a way for your guests to read the writings and organize the scrambled letters. Then, their next step is to find the indicated baby item from a box of different baby items. Once found, they should run back to the host, to give him/her the baby item in question. To make this game more challenging, we suggest that you give your guests that following instructions one at a time:

1. Look for all queen of hearts.

2. If the number of cards is correct, inform them that there's a writing at the back of the cards. Leave them to find a way to determine how to read the writings. Just tell them that it will spell out a specific baby item.

3. Once they approach you with the correct baby item word, ask them to find the actual baby item in the box.

The first group who could provide the baby item, wins the game!

branda32
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Thanks lanceandhailey! I really love the Hunt the Queen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN