Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls night-in ideas? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

Hello ladies!

So I am going to host a Girls night-in party. I am looking for theme ideas, activities, crafts & games? & no we don't drink, so wine tasting isn't an option. We might have a movie but I would like to try something a little different. Every time someone has tried to put together something like this nobody commits to coming so I am hoping I can make this a night where everyone wants to come!

BTW- all our DH's are in college so the budget is tight!

Thanks in advance:-)

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SewAwesome
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Rock around the Clock!!  50's style..make ice cream floats..a poodle skirt apron..take group photos in curlers and mudd masks.drive in style movie...and don't forget the music!

mommyoftwo395
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM

have a spa night...You could make light spa foods, make your own scrubs, masks, you could all do pedi's on each other...

COTwinMom
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM

One game I've played in the past: ask each woman to write down a "fun fact" about herself--it could be an old nickname, or how her husband proposed--put it in a bowl--then read each one aloud and everyone has to guess who the person is.  It's a fun way of getting to know one another even better and it always provides a good laugh!

mommyoftwo395
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Quoting COTwinMom:

One game I've played in the past: ask each woman to write down a "fun fact" about herself--it could be an old nickname, or how her husband proposed--put it in a bowl--then read each one aloud and everyone has to guess who the person is.  It's a fun way of getting to know one another even better and it always provides a good laugh!

Such a fun idea...I think I may use it as an ice breaker for my MOPS meetings....

Miss Brandie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)