Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Cake #2

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1396 Total Views

My second diaper cake! I was excited to get the chance to do another one. It looked better on the table, it looks distorted cause of the way I was holding it, but you get the idea : )

by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KimberlyMT
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I love it!!!

Alieda
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 2:21 AM

WOW

stampin_jenni
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 8:11 AM

cute!

soccerjunki
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 9:38 AM

That is awesome !! I bet the new mama loved it too!!

katy927
by on Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM

what a great job you did on this you should start a new business from your home with these i have always wanted to do this but dont know how to make them.   good luck!

mochacreme
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Wow!!!Love it!!
barfydoogin
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM

How do you make one of those I am planning my nieces baby shower and was trying  to find directions on how to make one but have not found any yet.

nanbon44
by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I love the diaper cake, It turned out great.  I love the monkey accents, you have me thinking of how to make a cake unique for each baby theme...   Ducks, Noah's Ark, Bears  etc....  LOVE IT, and the stuffed monkey is great as a topper.

sue-san
by on Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:41 PM

THANK YOU all so much for the compliments!

It means a lot to me. Mom-to-be loved it :) I try to think of what the person is like and I try to keep it simple. I use this video online for the instructions on how to build it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwiwZxHNPGU 

I like to use double sided tape to keep the ribbon in place and buy a bag of assorted rubber bands. (The person in video says to use clear ones I believe, but I found it didn't matter.)

Also, try to roll the diapers as tight and uniform as possible.

Party City was the only place around me that carried the bigger cake trays but if you make a smaller cake, Ross/TJ Maxx/etc has pretty glass cake stands for less than $10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)