Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baptism/christening favors

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 1919 Total Views
My sister in law is having her daughter & son baptized and is looking for ideas for favors. I thought about small bags with candy and a small charm on them, magnets with their name/date on them, candy bars with personalized candy wrappers....any others you ladies can think of?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vmommy
by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:29 PM
No one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Maybe you could get small ribbons with personalized ribbons or even personalized M & Ms for the candy...

mimicheryl
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:31 AM

michaels or acmoore have candy molds you can make either with a lollipop stick or not, if not using stick, place candy in netting and tie ribbon around.  I used these for my son and daughters communion.

Artladydp
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM

You can buy small wooden crosses that have keychains on them.  Write the date and their name on one side of the cross.   I hand these out at craft shows and the little kids really love them.  I have taken them off the chains and threaded them on embroidery thread for necklaces.

Some people feel baptism is being born again.  They like to think of it as their birthday.  You could just do a "birthday" theme.

God bless you.

Debby

ILUVMOOS
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 1:52 AM

hi V mommy

favors are may favorates i am in the floral business and baby show / baptism /wedding favors are my best sellers there are hundrrds of favors you can do simple and inexpensive 1  you can type out the lords prayer adding the childs name and date at the top roll up and tie with a beautiful ribbon at a small cross they sell these at any craft store  pack of doz for 99 cents or even sticker ones work great. 2 A BOX OF CANDLES {about as big as your middle finger } the box of 18 some are the doz. are sold at the dollar store add some pearls ,ribbon,  a small embelishment of a cross  or a dove  and whala another favor the chocolate lolipop of crosses also do great as favor set the mold some white chocolate and small cello bags with a white ribbon ..i am catholic and at baptisms we normally throw change (money) the god parents  so the kids can be showered with blessins dont forget to add a dime or nickel  to your favors .If you have a computer buy mailing lables add  the name of the child date a clipart of a cross and a dove these are the perfect size for the mini hersheys bar they warp around nicely the link i just posted is a link where this lady makes these small pouches for candy .ive made lollipop cover and have added cross stickers and with just some paper and a staple they look amazing if i think of any more ill post good luck

Howcast - dawn5377's Videos

vmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Thanks everyone! You ladies are amazing =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COTwinMom
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I personally like things that can be used, like maybe an embellished candle or photo frame.  I also like the seed packets in a small terra cotta pot idea. And who doesn't like moulded chocolate lollipops?!  Or some form of candy/treat in a cute packaging?!  

http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN