Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tea Party Help!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 543 Total Views

I want to have a surprise tea party for my little girl for her birthday. It would be just close family. Lets see... like 8 people? 

Any way.. it's mostly adults. Two kids total including Kailey Is this lame for the adults?  

by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rik-E
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Not if that is what the child wants! Just have real tea for the adults. (if you are planning on something else for the kids. Mine just drink tea LOL)

lizseptember
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I think that sounds like fun! I'd have a great time if I were invited to a little girls tea party ;)

Rik-E
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Actually my SIL and I have 'tea parties' fairly often. LOL I go over so the kids can play for a few hours & we have tea & muffins or something.

mssjss
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Even if there's men invited? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewAwesome
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM

We have tea partys alot here too..The guys like the meat finger sandwiches or biscut and jelly and I normaly make a dark tea like english gray..the kids love the strawberry tea..or just apple juice..have fun..play dress up!

Rik-E
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Lots of cookies, 'real' man size sandwiches, and offer them coffee if they prefer it. They'll be fine!

Quoting mssjss:

Even if there's men invited? Lol

If you have Bought / Sold / Traded with me please leave me feedack in this post:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/34752/forums/read/11009390/Noelanis_Nappies_More_Rik_E  

Examples of my work: http://www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=2022639&id=1287095940&op=12

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM

No!  This is AWESOME!!!!  Have hats and dress up clothes for any and all....lots of feather boas and tulle! 

One of our favorite activities is going to a nice hotel for high tea....wonderful pastries and champagne for the adults.

Have a blast!!!!

jjcaj
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM

We did this for my daughters birthday. everyone hade a fun time.  I made cupcakes in the large muffen pan and turned it into a tea pot I made one for each child that was going  to be there..  I also made some mini muffin size and made those into the cups.  The cakes turned out great and the kids had a blast dressing up and playing with her new tea set. 

mistysangels
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM

i think it sounds cool, just make sure the men have manly food.  lol

nanbon44
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I love the idea of the tea party, The men will tolerate the fancy party because it is for a child. I would have some coffee and a few of the he man sandwiches just for them. 

My grand daughter is Jewish and her Bat Mitzvah theme is Alice in Wonderland tea party, I have been working for months trying to get decorations ready. There will be about 200 people at her tea party.  Her centerpieces are fancy tea cups filled with sweetheart roses, I am making a gift card box out of paper mache in the shape of a tree stump, complete with the white rabbit and a door at the base of the stump, there is also a red and white rose topiary being painted by cards and lots of other custom made items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN