Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So it's that time again and...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 543 Total Views

I am wondering if anyone has gotten started on Halloween costumes yet?  My daughter is almost 11 and she gets to pick theme that she and her LB and LS will follow along in and she has picked a circa 1980's theme.  I will be making some flash dance inspired tops but not out of sweats (she wants a funky pattern in neon or something ; ) and have yet to decide anything about what the LB will be wearing, poor guy...if we thought the big hair and neon was unkind to the girls just what did it do to the boys?

by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccerjunki
by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM

no..I haven't actually started yet..but the kids kinda made a choice last year. The oldest is too old to trick or treat..( almost 15) , two of the others are going to be  a box of nerds and a box of cereal( cookie crisp) and I am not sure what I will make my dd..( anyone know how to make a creaming banshee?? LOL)

zombiemom
by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I was actually thinking of that today! We are needing to get our ideas together a lot earlier than others due to the fact we are being stationed to Germany in a month. So does anyone know of a good costume for a family of 4? me, hubby, two lil boys 3 and 2

mazaria
by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

As for the 80's theme for your boy..how about a mohawk and those thin sunglasses with the slits to see in them. Boys also wore jam type shorts and tank tops or those thin ties and you could paint piano keys on it-

For a family of 4- for our family of 5 we went as prisoners of parenthood penitentiary(sp?) and the kids went as our jailers. It was very funny and the kids loved bossing us around and telling everyone we could have any candy...

tabby1979
by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM

My younger daughter wants a pink pirate costume and my older daughter wants a new fairy costume with bigger wings. I have no idea what to put on my son...he's due next month.

Katie
by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Quoting mazaria:

For a family of 4- for our family of 5 we went as prisoners of parenthood penitentiary(sp?) and the kids went as our jailers. It was very funny and the kids loved bossing us around and telling everyone we could have any candy...

LOVE IT!

zombiemom
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Quoting mazaria:

LOL thats sooo funny :) I think I will hold on to that one for when they are a lil older

FostrMom1
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I've been looking, glad you posted this, was just thinking of this group the other day, MAYBE some of you ladies can help.  My son wants to be a Pumpkin Head Ghost this year!! ???  I thought Oh Easy I'll buy one of those Foam Pumpkins and cut out the bottom and glue a sheet on it

Not so easy i cant find one that I thiink could go over his head, that isnt a fortune!! Any ideas?

FostrMom1
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM

You Could go as Goldilocks and Ur Hubby and Sons could be 3 bears???

OR u could be Dorothy and they could be Tin man, Cowardly Lion and Scarecrow??

they could be 3 Bigs and u could be a wolf?? hahah OR hubby could be the wolf haha

Ummmmmmmmmm   hm thats all i can think of right now lol

viento
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Oh my gosh, I feel like such a slacker!  I got so busy this week that I forgot I had posted!  I am horrible.  I am so glad to see that so much of a costume conversation has come about.

viento
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Quoting tabby1979:

My younger daughter wants a pink pirate costume and my older daughter wants a new fairy costume with bigger wings. I have no idea what to put on my son...he's due next month.

You could be the pirate and he could be the booty!  Just carry him around in a sling (if you could make one for the occasion even better ; ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)