Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So it's that time again and...

Posted by   + Show Post

I am wondering if anyone has gotten started on Halloween costumes yet?  My daughter is almost 11 and she gets to pick theme that she and her LB and LS will follow along in and she has picked a circa 1980's theme.  I will be making some flash dance inspired tops but not out of sweats (she wants a funky pattern in neon or something ; ) and have yet to decide anything about what the LB will be wearing, poor guy...if we thought the big hair and neon was unkind to the girls just what did it do to the boys?

by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Replies (11-13):
viento
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Quoting FostrMom1:

I've been looking, glad you posted this, was just thinking of this group the other day, MAYBE some of you ladies can help.  My son wants to be a Pumpkin Head Ghost this year!! ???  I thought Oh Easy I'll buy one of those Foam Pumpkins and cut out the bottom and glue a sheet on it

Not so easy i cant find one that I thiink could go over his head, that isnt a fortune!! Any ideas?

paper mache?  that's all I can think of thus far but really it's super easy to make a pumpkin out of paper mache and then you can paint it or have your son paint it.  It's light weight and hollow, don't know what could be better.

viento
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Quoting mazaria:

As for the 80's theme for your boy..how about a mohawk and those thin sunglasses with the slits to see in them. Boys also wore jam type shorts and tank tops or those thin ties and you could paint piano keys on it-

For a family of 4- for our family of 5 we went as prisoners of parenthood penitentiary(sp?) and the kids went as our jailers. It was very funny and the kids loved bossing us around and telling everyone we could have any candy...

OK, I like a few others am just cracking up!  I love it (the prisoner story).  Great idea.  I never dress up with my kids, they will love you for that.

As for ds, I like the sunglasses with slits idea (I had forgotten about those/ and yes, those were my formative years G-d help us ; ).  I'll keep an open mind to the rest...we'll have to have a post for showing off the costumes when it's all said and done.

VTMommaX3
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Make lb tom cruise from risky bUsiness! I'm sure he'll rake in the candy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN