Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to handmade holidays! Please tell us about yourself here!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm glad you decided to join!  Please tell us a little about yourself and why you decided to join us!  I look forward to getting to know you all!  This is a great place to share your ideas or just to pick up  few to inspire a wonderful holiday in your home!

by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 5:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
jojo959
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Hi I'm Jojo   I live in Ohio with My husband .... My daughter is grown  and has a child of her own ....I love crafts of all kinds I think making wreaths are my favorite I love learning new things and well it's just fun

Group Owner for Survey Says....come join the fun  

craftlover
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Hi,

My name is Louise.  I'm from New Brunswick, Canada.  I love to make gifts and decorations for Christmas.  Although I don't have time to make a homemade gift for everyone on my list I select one or two from the list and make something for them.  I rotate the names and eventually everyone at some point will have something homemade from me.  I usually manage to make a few decorations or dishcloths as stocking stuffers for some of those who aren't on the list that year.  I'm a knitter and I also do some embroidery.  One of my New Year's Resolutions is to learn to either crochet or cross stitch in the coming new year.

This year I'm making knitted placemats for those on this year's list.  They get a least 4 placemats.  If they have a bigger family, they will get how many they need so no one is left out.

I look forward to reading about the great ideas I'm sure you all have.

Louise

craftlover
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Hi JoJo,  Welcome aboard.  I just joined today.  I love handmade wreaths.  However, I can't make them.  I wish I could.  Perhaps you can help with a dilemma we have here.  We have a screen door at the front and any wreaths we see at craft sales are to thick.  They don't fit between the two doors.  We have thought about putting a wreath on the outside of the screen door but think that the wind my take it or that it could get taken (which happens in every neighbourhood on occasion, I think).  Do you have any suggestions?  Seeing that you make them perhaps you might have some insight.

Once again, welcome.
Louise
grngoddess
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 5:33 PM
I love having a place where we can share ideas and find new ideas for things.  I'm really into homemade gifts and crafts to do with my son I'm hoping to get more ideas here! 
HRHTroystweets
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Hi all!  I'm Natalie.  Mom to Brody, Hunter, Zoe & Parker.  Wife to Troy.  I *heart* crafts!  I love making things and coming up with new ideas for stuff.  I'm excited to get some new ideas here & share some, too!

One of my favorite things to do for teachers is to buy a large can of fruit cocktail - the pop-top kind.  Use a Pampered Chef can opener & take the bottom off.  (It has to be the kind of can opener that unseals the can, not cuts it.)  Empty the contents & wash out.  Then fill it with things like staples, chalk, paper clips, candy, etc...  Super glue the bottom back on.  Decorate the outside of the can with paper & ribbon & such... 
Then they'll have to "pop the top" to get the goodies inside!

Natalie

Would you feel better if I licked your face?

http://troystweets.wordpress.com

cath306
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Hello Everyone........... I joined because I love to make crafts and get new ideas.  If u check out my  page u can see some of the crafts that my hubby and I make.  Just click on my  pic and yes that is one of the ones my hubby made me for last x-mas.  I have 3 sons and a grand daughterlive in North western Pa.
ADuzinAngels04
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 12:03 AM
Hi, I am Christie, mommy to 4 little kids. I have joined this group because I am always looking for Holiday craft ideas and I for some reason can't ever come up with any on my own. LOL! I am looking forward to getting some awesome ideas. Thank you for having this group. ;o)
Christie

ca_coast_mom
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 1:23 AM

I am excited about joining a group that is all about homemade holidays. I am planing on making the majority of my Christmas gifts this year and I cant wait to get some new ideas and share some of my own.

Diana :)

BigMama97321
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 12:51 PM
I joined cause even though I love crafts and art projects I love the time I spend with my family trying to make things and seeing the different outcomes of our creations they are preciouse to me!!
mamasongs
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Hi, I am Bambi and I make alot of gifts and I joined to get more ideas. I crochet, sew, and recycle odds and ends maybe repurpose is a better term for it. Excited to get know everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN