Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween costume for me what to choose?

Hi there!

Well, usually each year we make our costumes, but this year the boys each wanted to do something I think really ought to be bought to be "right", you tell me.

Nicky wants to be SPONGE BOB and Matthew wants to be DARTH VADAR. They are 8

My hubby (who has dark hair and glasses) is going to be Waldo from Where's Waldo.

I have NO IDEA what to do! I'm tired of being my fall back, a witch. I was that just last year and a TON of years as a kid, it was sort of my costume of choice. I clearly can't be something that goes with the others, as this year there is no family theme, it's totally individual. And I'm not yet at my goal weight, so I am NOT ready to do anything with showing a lot of leg, or wearing heels... nothing too risque...

any ideas? Homemade or store bought, my think tank is empty. Things I have already been:

* a cat

* a witch

* queen of hearts

* clown

* little bo peep (i wore a stuffed small sheep and kept telling the kids "I lost my sheep?" it was funny)

* have been one of the two THINGS from cat in hat

thoughts??? I'm open to anything, so long as it is family friendly.

- Teresa

by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
Raine2007
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM

You could dress as the girl from where's waldo...she looked just like waldo only female.

Quoting Mommyocooltwins:

Thanks, Alieda but it's not hubby going as Darth Vadar, it's my son Matthew LOL

My husband is going to be Where's Waldo

I am not even sure that I still have the queen of hearts, I think we may have tossed it (the material was kind of odd).

Kind of open to something NEW, don't really want to be something I've been already... Should have said that in my post. Any ideas?

VTMommaX3
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:56 PM
My fall back is a crayon. All one color a cardboard logo around the neck and a hat using posterboard! Easy enough

You could be a magnifying glass to go w Waldo...a hula hoop w cling wrap or cellophane to make the lens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyocooltwins
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 10:52 AM

That is a neat idea, thanks VTMommaX3... hmmm a magnifying glass..

Quoting VTMommaX3:

My fall back is a crayon. All one color a cardboard logo around the neck and a hat using posterboard! Easy enough

You could be a magnifying glass to go w Waldo...a hula hoop w cling wrap or cellophane to make the lens!

VTMommaX3
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 7:52 AM
Be sure to let us know where you land!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyocooltwins
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Still thinking about it, have not decided yet... Hmmmmmmmm

Quoting VTMommaX3:

Be sure to let us know where you land!

Mommyocooltwins
by on Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

so my husband decided, after much back and forth that he is going to be Where's Waldo...

and I mentioned the idea of me being a magnifying glass... and he loved it! so how do I make one now?

Where do I put it? how do you "wear" a magnifying glass? the hula hoop could be humungous, how will I walk or sit etc?

and we're going to an adult party so I want to be able to mingle and do regular things without much discomfort.

I love the "idea" of this, but am not sure I can figure out how to pull it off... what do u think?

Hannah943
by on Oct. 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM

My husband and I are empty nesters and we're hosting a Halloween Party at our house for our friends.  Costumes are required!  My husband has agreed to do the funniest costume: we're dressing up as identical twin sisters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN