Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEW HERE

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 11:15 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 276 Total Views
Im new but I had an idea right off the top of my head that we used to (as kids) use wire clothes hangers and a few white trash bags and cut the trash bags in to a bunch of medium size strips. Shape the hanger into a circle (and you can even cut some off and make the circle smaller) then tie all the trash bag strips onto the wire. After thats done you have a nice full white wreath that you can attach anything to with clips or even ribbon and flowers.

Also I crochet so Im making snow flakes and wreaths as christmas gifts and for my own decor as well.

Last year I even bought 3 8x10 pic frames from wal mart and painted them black, put a green piece of paper (that I painted with water colors) in the frame and hot glued the letters JOY to them and hung them on the wall as a decoration and if I had a fireplace in my house back then I would have just placed them on there.

Im also going to crochet my own stockings for next year since we'll be moving this year and we wont be in our own house; but I know that you could even buy some felt and yarn and sew your own stockings together too and use some sequin and all that to decorate them...

Hope thats good :)

Melissa(24) SAHM married to Jared(26) on Sept 4, 2003

Caleb Michael Joseph: May 18, 2004 - 8.8 lbs 21 1/4 in

Cody Raymond Nicholas: December 13, 2005 - 8.4 lbs 19 1/2 in

by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Oct. 19, 2007 at 11:30 AM
thanks for the great ideas!  I love my new crafty friends!
melissa1983
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Your welcome Im glad I could contribute! the fact is that I love to be crafty and sometimes good ideas just escape me so Im glad I found this site! :)

Melissa(24) SAHM married to Jared(26) on Sept 4, 2003

Caleb Michael Joseph: May 18, 2004 - 8.8 lbs 21 1/4 in

Cody Raymond Nicholas: December 13, 2005 - 8.4 lbs 19 1/2 in

nanalyn1
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 7:16 PM
thanks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)