Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Christmas gifts for all

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 607 Total Views

How about Christmas pillows. Make two or four pillows per family. Or make smaller ones with ribbon that can hang on each door. They are cute and inexpensive and who doesn't like home made gifts? Roe

by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
aliciajacinta
by on Nov. 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM

We have something like that this year,every year we have a large family reunion,we started it about fifteen or twenty years ago.We are a large family,but we have everyone all over the U.S. and over seas.This year for the second time we are including some of my husbands family.Every year we do some sort of crafts for gifts or for keepsakes for future generations. This year my cousin came to me for I do alot of crafts,and we decided to make pillows and wall hangers(Tapestry).We have gather pictures that have been taken thru the years and have requested pictures from Andy's family.We have placed a picture of them when they were young,hence when they got married,date included and children that were born to them.On the pillows on the side of the lady a small pic is inserted of her parents,the same on his.This in turn is copied on to a transfer paper and then ironed on to the pillow,the wall tapestry is done the same way,except on the center are the grandparents and everyone is printed around them,some or left blank to add new ones.When someone marries,or has a new addition,the picture of them is sent email to me or any of my cousins,we download,copy,place it on a transfer paper,with instruction on how to apply and is sent off .This year and for a long as our reunions continue ,we have voted to keep the tapestry going,so that it can be placed on a wall everywhere,so our new generations know about where they have come from.My husband Andy did a family tree book,which i help translate from spanish to english and collect pictures of his 4 generation of grandfathers.But the idea of the tappastry was mine,where I started also doing my family tree,but even though my tree is in a disk,I transfered all my pictures to squares of cloth and in turn made a wall tapastry for my daughter.We have made 250,still need 350 to go

santa blue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)