Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for some craft ideas with leaves and my toddler....

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 717 Total Views

my son is almost 3 and i want to take him on a walk around the neighborhood to collect keaves and am looking for any cute and easy craft ideas i could do with him,thanks.

by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tramcd
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM
We have made a leaf wreath. They glued leafs around the outer edge of paper plate. I cut center out of plate. Also have made leaf people. The one we haven't done yet is painting. I plan on looping tape and taping leaves to paper. This way they will be slightly raised. Then the kids will paint over them. At end take leaves off and then will have prints on paper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNMom247365
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM

You can do leave rubbings. Take the leaves and set them on a flat surface vein side up, put a piece of white paper over it (I tape it to the table so the kids don't have to try holding it) then let him scribble way. The leave patterns will show up like magic. :) You can also make leaf people, take the leaves and iron them in between two pieces of wax paper, cut around it and then let him draw faces  on them and give them paper legs and arm.  Or you can make a tree... Take a branch from outside and put it into some floral foam and place the floral foam in a pot then let your son paint and glitter the leaves then attach a string to each leave and put them on the branches (kind of like decorating a christmas tree). HAVE FUN :)  

bandk4ever
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM

You can get a unfinished frame and glue them around the frame and put a cute pic of your son and give it as a gift of keep it yourself. My dd loves doing this:)

VTMommaX3
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM
You can make a leaf journal. Buy a 50 cent spiral notebook. Collect leaves glue and modpodge them to the front of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COTwinMom
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM

You can do this project (link below) but instead of using tissue paper, use the leaves

http://www.papercraftsforchildren.com/2010/05/07/hand-and-scrunched-tissue-paper-tree/

(One of the ideas I posted on my blog's Facebook page, Home Confetti!)

Bergysmom
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Love your craft ideas for leaves! I plan on doing some leaf hunting with my granddaughter and see what makes it to the project and which ones end up as leaf dust ?
KimberlyMT
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM
All good ideas! I have a one year old, well almost 2 next month and hell enjoy walking out 2 collect leaves! Maybe not so much the craft part cause I don't think hell know how...=D thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN