Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Invitation help please

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 408 Total Views
My budget is virtually nonexistent. I was lucky and found invitations i love at a thrift store but then i saw some that look kind of like a folder with invitation, response card, map and reception card. The one i saw had invitation on one side and looked like everything else was in a slit on the other side. Any ideas on how to make these inexpensively. I love the idea but am not very crafty. Any ideas for anything else greatly appreciated as well. Crafts and money saving tips especially. Thanks in advance ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stampin_jenni
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 8:30 AM

In my honest opinion there really isn't a way to make them cheaply... the pockets themselves cost around $1.00 a piece, and that's not including any of the inserts or envelopes.  I do have some websites at home that I can get for you if you are still interested.  Let me know and I will find the links later today!

Good Luck!

shortcake1978
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I agree with the PP, I think it would cost you more to make them. Have you checked Walamrt or Target? They have some nice sets online (may have in store too) for as cheap as 25 for $20 or some are 50 for $20.

2004MAMA715
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 8:55 AM
Thank you. I would like any info you have. Walmart is where I saw them but I didnt like any of them. I have invitations I love. Thought if I could make them it would be perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2004MAMA715
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM
An update: I have been trying to make these on my own and I think it might work. Only problem I am really having is how to decorate the front of them. I just made my own pocket and made each card a little taller than the one in front of it. Was really surprised at how easy it was after taking a better look at one from the store and lots of help from my cousin who is supplying me with all my paper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kids1derful
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I can't wait to see pictures!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)