Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

painting pumpkins?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 843 Total Views
Hi. We figured instead of getting nasty and wasting time carving pumpkins this year...we would just paint them. We usually just carve em light em and go trick or treating. Kind of a waste. So... any ideas on paint? Limited budget here. So we can't go too crazy. But we also want the paint to stick and not bleed. Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
onceagain4u2
by on Oct. 23, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I hated messing with the carving when my kids were small.  We painted them with acrylic paints, water based & water clean up while they are wet.  Once dry...forget trying to get them out of clothes, so dress appropriately.  Once the paint is dry, you can spray an outdoor sealer (Krylon) to make it last longer.  I never sprayed ours because they sat on a porch...used spray on day care kids though.  Spray lightly or paint will run...more coats is better than one heavy coat.   Don't touch until the spray dries or the paint will come off.

tabby1979
by on Oct. 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM

i just used kids washable paint then after halloween washed them off and used them as thanksgiving decor...if rain or moisture messes them up let the kids repaint them...they love that.

berlgirl1224
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM

thanks ladies

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM

We have the Mr. Potato Head kits, so we get to use the pumpkins for pumpkin bread after halloween.

We end up having a halloween party about every other year and last year we did pumpkin decorating.  We used tempra paint, foam stickers, glitter glue  and paint sets from the 99 Cent Store.

Kim_Spencer
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 9:14 PM

We are waiting for the world series to start....GO RANGERS

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Quoting Kim_Spencer:

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Nothing1309
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

When I was a prek teacher, i took a large pumpkin, sprayed painted it white, allowed to dry then with markers and water base paint we painted a clown face. Then for the hair I traced each childs hands, cut them out then using straight pins (the ones that don't have the balls on the tops) then we made a traingle paper hat and added a big silk flower. Everyone loved.

Caffeineplease
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I decided to go with the glitter this year! :P While my son was asleep I painted is hand and then put it on the pumpkin..lol, then I traced the hand print with glue and put glitter all over it..Im proud of how it turned out!! :) 

Caffeineplease
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

Quoting Kim_Spencer:

AWESOME!!!!!!!

This is so cool , and very unique!! Great job  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN