Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas Please

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 794 Total Views

Everytime a gift season comes around im stumped on what to give my fiance. He doesnt like sports. Hes not into computers or work at a office. He works on job sites doing site development. He likes fishing but has taken a break from it right now & doesnt really need any new fishing gear. I've thought of getting him a nice pocket knife & getting it engraved or something like that but it will get ruined from all the sand from the job sites. He doesnt wear hats so I cant get a hat or make a hat. Help please :-)

*~*Megan  *~*

Happily engaged mommy to a precious little man!

in love toddler boy

by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shortcake1978
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM

You could make a coupon book (ex. turn in for a free massage). Cologne, magazine subscription, DVD's of his favorite movie or TV show

Petite.Amante
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM

You can make a shadowbox full of his favorite things. Make him a shirt with help of your LO with fabric paint or iron-ons. You can make him a new wallet (there are great wallet tutorials out there on the web), make him keychains or a key-holder for the wall (Michael's has great wooden pieces, you can paint and add a hook on for the keys)... Hmm I'll try to think of some more

mgnlee6
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Thanks

Kivara
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 8:35 AM

PJ pants
remote control holder (thing that drapes over the arm of a chair)
slippers
scarf
bath robe

COTwinMom
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Is he handy?  Maybe a nice toolbox that you could personalize somehow?

kids1derful
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM

You can make a blanket for him.  You can put pictures on it or you can knit it in his favorite colors. otherwise I came across this really neat and simple no sew idea,I'm gonna try!

http://maizehutton.blogspot.com/2010/10/personalize-3-fleece-lap-throw-diytwo.html

You can make a fishing rod holder,or decorate a frame with fishing lures and put a picture or poem inside. How about making a snack basket filled with his favorite goodies! Or a movie bucket. You can make a candy or cookie bouquet also. thats all I got for now, I'll keep thinking!

Adm.Assistant
by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

All men like to eat, why not cook him a special meal, or make him a photo album.,

Or how about a party for his friends?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)