Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumpkin seeds

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 261 Total Views
Can somebody tell me how to make pumpkin seeds? I dont like them so I never made them but my boys want to try them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
debjoy22
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM

all you have to do is wash the seeds, lay them on a cookie sheet, salt them and bake on 350 until they harden. 

onceagain4u2
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM

take them out of oven while still white, once they turn tan...they taste burnt, like burnt popcorn. 
DH made some last night...sprayed the cookie sheet first, then as pp said, just salt and bake.  He also did a batch with Old Bay on them...living in Maryland (MD is for crabs!) we use Old Bay like salt.  I like them with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & a little sugar.

Quoting debjoy22:

all you have to do is wash the seeds, lay them on a cookie sheet, salt them and bake on 350 until they harden. 

2004MAMA715
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Thanks ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debjoy22
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM

great idea with the spices girl!

Quoting onceagain4u2:

take them out of oven while still white, once they turn tan...they taste burnt, like burnt popcorn. 
DH made some last night...sprayed the cookie sheet first, then as pp said, just salt and bake.  He also did a batch with Old Bay on them...living in Maryland (MD is for crabs!) we use Old Bay like salt.  I like them with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & a little sugar.

Quoting debjoy22:

2004MAMA715
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Thank you ladies. They turned out great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)