Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foam pumpkins

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

Anyone use them this year?  It's our first year...

We did 4, but one if them didn't turn out so well...

Fair warning...USE A VERY SHARP KNIFE.  Like an exacto knife...

We put color changing LED lights in them...

Here is the first one...DH's...

DD's....had some trouble with this one, but nothing I can't glue back in place, lol...

DS's...

And this was another for DD...it was supposed to look like Mickey, only...well...the blade wasn't sharp enough, and everything broke :(  Oh well...

I just ended up cutting everything out, lol...

The plan is to make new ones every year, and have a BUNCH of pumpkins...and hopefully to give them to the kids when they move out...

I bought them on sale for $10 each...but for all the work I put into them I didn't want them to rot in a week, lol...

Icon_Quote__JTHM_Nothing_Wrong_by_s.jpg found on deviantart. image by MethylParathion

by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kids1derful
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM

great job! I've wanted to try to do that,but I just haven't got that far yet.

Ezranight
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Look for them on sale now that Halloween is over.  I got the good sized tall pumpkins, they retail for $19.99...but I got mine for half off...seems like a lot of money for pumpkins, but when I can use them for years, then it's not so bad, lol...

Quoting kids1derful:

great job! I've wanted to try to do that,but I just haven't got that far yet.

Icon_Quote__JTHM_Nothing_Wrong_by_s.jpg found on deviantart. image by MethylParathion

mybratsmom
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I did!  I got mine on sale at Michaels and used a quilling needle from my craft supplies to punch out the outline (just about every 1/4 inch) and then I had a little saw blade from a carving kit I picked up last year and I got two done in less than an hour (I was high stressed since kids' dad had to work all weekend and he was supposed to do this while I baked!!)  I'm going to start using the foam ones from now on - cheaper, easier, cleaner, and I don't have to worry about rotting pumpkins on the sidewalk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)