Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Valentines

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 553 Total Views

Any ideas on homemade Valentines for 7 year old boy?

by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mybratsmom
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Okay - are you looking for with candy or without?  What supplies were you thinking about using???

We have been bombarded for ideas!  My son is making crayons!  We bought a ton at the dollar store, a rubber heart tray mold from Michaels, and we just melt the crayons, pour it in the mold, stick it in the fridge, pop them out, wrap it in a cellophane bag and stick a heart shaped punch paper on it with his name.  DONE.  He got to melt something, I got my product out there, and I look like a really cool mom!  My son is 6 - so maybe this might work for your son? 

FelipesMom
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 3:08 PM

How did you melt the crayons? And you poured them into the molds? I got directions somewhere in this group a while back for crayons like that, but it involved oiling the mold I think and then putting the crayons IN the mold, and then baking at a certain temp to melt them. It was AWESOME but I was wondering if you could post specific instructions for your method? Maybe it's easier!

:o)

Quoting mybratsmom:

Okay - are you looking for with candy or without?  What supplies were you thinking about using???

We have been bombarded for ideas!  My son is making crayons!  We bought a ton at the dollar store, a rubber heart tray mold from Michaels, and we just melt the crayons, pour it in the mold, stick it in the fridge, pop them out, wrap it in a cellophane bag and stick a heart shaped punch paper on it with his name.  DONE.  He got to melt something, I got my product out there, and I look like a really cool mom!  My son is 6 - so maybe this might work for your son? 

LETICIA
Group Owner - Unconditional Parenting
Admin - Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting
Member - Running Moms, Handmade Holidays, One Love Many Paths, Everyday Mindfulness, etc
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Felipe had successful heart surgery on 5-14-2007
My idiot husband left us on 1-21-2009

mom-2-4kids
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM
I did the same for my 4 y/o a few days ago. We bought a heart shaped cookie sheet for $2 at our local dollar store. Peeled and broke the crayons and put them in the oven at 225 for 15 minutes. Let them cool and then they just popped right out. We're putting a few in little baggies with her name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-2-4kids
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM
My 9 yo and I also did this when he was in Kindergarten using a different method. On his we melted them the same but instead of baggies, we used 6" circles cut out of cardstock. We attached the crayons with glue dots and then wrote "You COLOR my world" with permanent marker. Another idea I had thought of was cute but didn't find the candy in time was race car valentines. If I remember correctly it was square pieces of cardstock. Then you use a toy car and black paint to make tire tracks. Then you just add a car shaped chocolate (they used to sell them at orientaltrading). If you wanted you could also add something like "You make my heart RACE!!" I've seen a few other cute ideas around, if I can remember them I'll come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csmsand
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM

What great ideas. And I have tons of extra, broken crayons. We're going to try it :)

Sabrina Proud wife to Chris and Mommy to Mandy, Lilian and Cadence!    http://www.4mykiddos.com/ I work from Home, YOU CAN Too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)