Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Gross Out!" Themed Birthday Party

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 3051 Total Views

My daughter is going to be turning 8 years old in June. And I love having a head start on the whole planning process, so I'm seeking some suggestions and some ideas.

The theme is 'Gross Out!'....lol

We'll be having the following foods: Boogers on a Stick, Sludge Water and/or Slug Spit, and Ghoul Fingers.

For a couple touch and feel activities, we have the following planned: box of Human ...
Eyeballs and a box of Slimy Worms.

So far that is all.... So I need ideas on activities to do and things to make. I'm looking for a home-made slime recipe as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
COTwinMom
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Here's a slime recipe to try:

http://unplugyourkids.com/2008/10/13/glue-starch-goop/

Sounds like fun!

RoseMarie, http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

indyrider
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hi, my daughter would have loved to went to a party like this when she was younger. I do have a slime recipe I've used before.

In one container: mix 1 C. water + 1 tsp. Borax until the Borax is dissolved. In another container: mix 1/2 C. water, 1/2 C. white glue & a couple drops of food coloring until the glue is diluted. Now combine the two mixtures and the slime will start to form. You will have a little colored water left in the bowl, but what mixes will form the slime. Keep it in a ziplock bag.

If Mom wants to gross the kids out, I also have a 'fake' scab recipe that is pretty cool!

Hope this helped and the party is a hit!!!

RebelRose69
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM

You can also do a cake (not sure where to find the recipe) but you make it & put it in a kitty litter pan, & i think you use brown sugar to crumble on top of it & then use tootsie rolls as the poop. Looks gross!

kids1derful
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 11:24 AM

you could do the dirty diper game! YOu put pudding in a diper  with a little yellow food coloring. close it up and the make it a race to see who can clean the diaper first! Oh no hands! my daughter and her friends loved that one.

we also did a reach in a grab your prize bag. they had to stick their hand down the sharks mouth.(made out of wood) inside there was spagetti,jello, and other gooey stuff. they pulled out a ziploc bag with some goodies inside. they liked that one too!

for goodie boxes for the girls to take home. we decorated chienese take out boxes with plastic bugs and snakes.

Oh don't forget you can freeze the bugs in ice cube trays for their punch too!

YOur daughter will have so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures!

shelleathome
by on Jan. 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM

How Fun! We did a gross-out party many years ago for my daughter's 9th birthday - she's almost 22!! LOL  - they still talk about it!  We held the party outdoors and warned parents the clothing might be stained so wear yucky stuff. We did 'bobbing for gummy worms' in chocolate pudding - I think I made 10 boxes and it was in a huge bowl. We also had a jello-eating contest...no hands. We did a water balloon toss, and also our party girl took a (whipped cream) pie in the face from each guest - which turned into a whipped cream battle they loved. At the end, we hosed them all down and served pizza and snacks, and dirt dessert. I love your ideas and the others posted!

san3
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM

We did a party like this a few years ago. The kids had a blast! We used the Fear Factor theme. They had an eating challenge: I emptied a can of dog food (and washed it really good) then filled it with corn beef hash. I also put a sardine, sushi roll, kitty poo (a tootsie roll shaped like a pile of animal poo), a brussel sprout, and eyeballs (peeled grapes) on a plate and gave them a few minutes to see who would/could eat the most of their "treat" plate. We did a kitty litter cake: a new litter box with a chocolate cake sat inside, frosted with Carmel frosting and crushed vanilla wafer cookies on top, I added tootsie roll poo piles and gummy worms. I even wrote his name using the tootsie rolls and worms. We also put gummy bugs, mice, and brains on the tables for the kids to eat. I made wormy apples. Cut a gummy worm in half and put a tooth pick in the end of the worm and the other in the apple (it looks like the worm is crawling out of the apple). We bobbed for snakes and had a dog food relay race (the kids each had a dog bowl at one end  with a handful of  puppy chow (the candy not the dog food). They would take turns racing down (we gave each kid a different walk to do..ie  the bear walk or a crab walk), eat what was in their bowl and refill it for the next person and run back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)